What It Feels Like When Heartache Starts To Fade
Getting your heart crushed is never an easy thing to deal with. There’s the constant ache, the sting, the pit in your stomach, and the inability to focus your thoughts on anything but what is causing your heart to feel like it’s being ripped to shreds. While it’s happening, it can seem as though this is how you’re going to feel the rest of your life. You can’t remember the last time you woke up feeling normal and black is your clothing color of choice.
Then something happens…time passes. Days go by and suddenly you start receiving signs that the worst part is over and you’re slowly but surely getting back to normal.
1. You wake up one morning and the usual pit in your stomach is feeling a hell of a lot smaller than before.
2. While on Instagram, you begin to have more and more moments of not having the energy or desire to look at your ex’s account to see what they’re up to.
3. There used to be a time when you couldn’t talk about your ex enough, but now when you repeat the same story or thoughts for the millionth time, you realize you’re tired of hearing it come out of your mouth.
4. When something reminds you of your ex, you don’t even feel tempted to text them about it.
5. Other things begin to take over your thoughts and your ex is no longer your one and only focus.
6. It still stings, but knowing he’s dating other people doesn’t crush you the way it used to.
7. You finally put away every last thing your ex gave you and souvenirs of times spent together.
8. Listening to music you and your ex both enjoyed no longer feels like a knife to the stomach.
9. You stop trying to convince yourself the relationship will eventually work out. If it’s supposed to, it will. If not, it wasn’t meant to be.
10. Having “single” status starts to feel ok.