Bikini Season Spotlight: Mandalynn Swimwear
Summer… or as I call it, Bikini Season, is here in full swing. Summer vacation is upon us…. well for some of you. Not for me, but that’s okay! (Oh, the joys of having a 9-5 job!) When I plan vacations, I almost immediately start planning what I’m going to pack, and in the summer, which bathing suits are coming with me! I’ve been known to have a bit of a bikini addiction. My collection is probably over 60 suits now… and the fact that my cousin designs swimwear really does not help my problem. (Thanks a lot, Amanda! Hehe.) Every time summer rolls around, I look forward to getting a few new suits and breaking them in at the pool or beach. I’m going on a mini vacation this weekend to Florida so I thought it would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite swimwear styles of 2013 with you!
These suits are all from my cousin’s company, Mandalynn Swimwear. If you follow me on twitter, I’m sure you’ve seen me talk about her pieces. I may be partial, but I absolutely think they’re among the best of the best suits available these days. Mandalynn Swimwear is lingerie and vintage inspired, made with special picot elastic, giving the edges a really comfortable feel and smooth look on your skin. They’re easily mixed and matched in varied colors, prints and styles. Mandalynn swimwear styles vary, from high waisted with full coverage to ultra cheeky and the best monokinis in the whole wide world. 🙂
Mandalynn’s summer 2013 line is, in my opinion, her best yet! These are a few of my top picks for this summer!
1. The Betty in Tropic: I love this suit because it literally looks beautiful on everyone. The cut is simple, but really flattering and this brand new print is so summery and happy! I love how it’s a mix between a vintage pin-up style with a modern twist. It’s featured now in the Nastygal summer lookbook! The Betty Hawaiian is available on NastyGal.com.
2. Luna in White: This may be my favorite Mandalynn design of all time. I just picked one up myself and I’m completely obsessed. People have this idea that one piece suits aren’t sexy. FALSE!!! This suit covers everything, but somehow is still so hot. This is an absolute must-have for the season. Available now in stores at Brandy Melville. (not online yet, unfortunately)
*Side note: How much does this model look like Jennifer Lawrence?!
3. The Lola in Black: Another vintage inspired gem! High waisted bottoms are in and the mesh sides and adorable bow top set this suit apart from the sea of bikinis we see every spring and summer. Available online at Lulus!
4. The Britt in Tropic: This is one of Mandalynn’s signature suits, available in endless colors and patterns. It’s a little cheeky and is perfect for mixing and matching. I also sometimes wear the Britt tops under shirts that are either sheer or have low arm holes. 🙂 Available on a bunch of different sites. This one is from Lulus!
5. The Taylor in Black: What a CUTE cute cute suit. I love how unique this design is and how great it looks on many different body types. It’s so playful and fun, perfect for a pool party! You could wear it with low rise boyfriend-type shorts (a little loose, maybe cuffed or frayed at the bottom), cowboy boots, a backwards hat and some heart shaped sunglasses. Buy this one from SWELL!
How would you wear your Mandalynn? Leave me a comment below!