How To Deal When Your Crush Likes Someone Else
The thing about crushes is they have the power to literally CRUSH you. If your crush isn’t reciprocating the same fuzzy more-than-friend feelings, it can feel like the pit in your stomach will never go away. It especially sucks when you see the object of your affection posting to social media about someone else. Sure you might want to vomit and feel a flush of shock wash over you, but during those moments of massive disappointment, it’s important to remember the following.
1. Feelings don’t last forever. It’s hard to imagine not feeling this shitty and caught up in what and who your crush is focusing all their attention on, but like all things in life, this too will pass. Just stay focused on your own life and one day you’re gonna wake up and not care at all about what your (now former) crush is up to.
2. Your mind and emotions love to elevate things. You have no idea what’s really going on between your crush and this other person. This gives your mind a ton of room to create whatever scenario it wants and it’s usually not even close to reality. Next time you catch yourself doing this, remind yourself that no matter what the situation is, it has nothing to do with you, and your time is better spent doing something that makes you feel good.
3. Focusing your attention on your crush and their current love life only holds you back from meeting someone new. There are so many people in this world, one person shouldn’t be the barrier between you and someone who will give you all the attention and good crushy feelings you are currently yearning for.
4. What’s meant to be will be. If you and your crush are supposed to end up together, you will. The only annoying thing about this, is they’ll come around after you’re already over it and have moved on.
5. Ask yourself why you’re freaking out so much about this person. Sometimes you need to stop and give yourself a reality check of why you’re so wrapped up in this person. You might find that you forget why you like this person and your “crush” has just become more of a bad habit. Have a serious conversation with your heart and chances are you’re gonna feel a lot better after.