Say Whaaaat? Misheard Song Lyrics
We’ve all done it before. Now, it’s a lot more fun to admit it! Misheard lyrics are becoming all the rage lately, especially on Vine and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon! As a kid, I thought I was the only one who couldn’t understand a word an artist was saying without reading along with the lyrics (or that maybe I had a hearing problem), but after hearing my mother botch out wrong song lyrics, I knew I wasn’t alone. (She still does this, by the way…)
A lot can be misunderstood if you don’t have a lyric sheet in front of you. Then we’re kind of just all:
“That CAN’T be what he said! Right…?”
Here are some of the craziest misheard lyrics I’ve come across for this Wacky Wednesday!
Eiffel 65 – “Blue (Da Ba Dee)”
Misheard: “If I were green I would die,” “I’m in need of a guy,” “Double peanuts and pie.”
Actual lyrics: “Da ba dee da ba di.”
- I always found it funny that people still got the words to this song wrong when they were so cleverly placed in the song title. The music video even has subtitles! Still funny, nonetheless!
The 1975 – “Heart Out”
I heard: “This pizza made for two.”
Actual lyrics: “With this beat I made for two.”
- I mean, I wouldn’t mind… 😉
Kye Kye – “Seasons”
I heard: “The doggies had sex.”
Actual lyrics: “The darkest attacks.”
- I mentioned this funny anecdote in a recent post on Kye Kye’s Fantasize album and lead singer Olga tweeted me with the hashtag #doggieshadsex. Day. Was. Made.
Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX – “Fancy”
Misheard: “I’m so fancy, can’t you taste this goat?”
Actual lyrics: “I’m so fancy, can’t you taste this gold?”
- I should probably work on my “Fancy” parody that sums up my life perfectly: “Clumsy.”
Lorde – “Royals”
Misheard: “You can call me green beans.”
Actual lyrics: “You can call me queen bee.”
Misheard: “My friends in Iowa crack the corn.”
Actual lyrics: “My friends and I, we’ve cracked the code.”
- Lorde re-tweets funny misheard lyrics of hers a lot and these have always been my favorites. Oh how our ears play so many tricks on us.
Duffy – “Mercy”
Misheard: “You’ve got me begging you for birdseed.”
Actual lyrics: “You’ve got me begging you for mercy.”
- I saw this the other day and I’m still dying over it.
Jay-Z & Alicia Keys – “Empire State of Mind”
Misheard: “Concrete jungle, wet dream, tomato!”
Actual lyrics: “Concrete jungle where dreams are made, oh.”
- I will never listen to this song the same ever again.
Carrie Underwood – “Before He Cheats”
Misheard: “Carved my name into his legacy.”
Actual lyrics: “Carved my name into his leather seats.”
- This one actually makes more sense!
Kelly Clarkson – “Because of You”
Misheard: “Because of you, I never stray too far from the salad bowl.”
Actual lyrics: “Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk.”
- I’m still laughing over this one. I need a minute…
Ray Parker Jr. – “Ghostbusters”
Misheard: “Those bastards!”
Actual lyrics: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”
- Duh. 😛
Leona Lewis – “Bleeding Love”
Misheard: “You call me your banana.”
Actual lyrics: “You cut me open and I…”
- Dead. So. Dead.
TLC – “Waterfalls”
Misheard lyrics: “Don’t go, Jason Waterfalls.”
Actual lyrics: “Don’t go chasing waterfalls”
- This was a common error in the 90’s when this song was released. Luckily for me, I wasn’t the only one. I often thought, “hey, what an odd yet lovely name.”
More For You
If you’re not completely dying on the floor with laughter, tell us your favorite misheard lyrics in the comments below! 😀