Find Your True North: Wanderlust O’ahu 2017
Wanderlust O’ahu is upon us and I couldn’t be more excited! At Wanderlust, the mission is to help you find your true north. True north is not a final destination: it’s a path, a journey, and a yearning to explore and connect to your life’s purpose. They plan on bringing together a remarkable group of yoga and meditation instructors, musical performers, speakers, artists and chefs for a transformational retreat at Turtle Bay Resort, an oasis on Hawaii’s fabled North Shore. Choose your own adventure with multi-level yoga and meditation sessions, mouthwatering organic foods, heart-pumping music, inspiring lectures and workshops, and boundary-pushing outdoor activities. Needless to say, I can’t wait to explore! Click here for more information and how to attend this fabulous event!
What’s new and not-to-be-missed at Wanderlust O’ahu 2017:
- FitFlow: Coming to Wanderlust Oahu for the first time, FitFlow is atotal-body experience combining yoga with high intensity interval training HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Join Briohny Smyth and MacKenzie Miller as they lead beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes throughout the weekend.
- Tennis Clinics: Join tennis experts Rajeev Daat and Jade Griffin to learn how to perfect your game. These clinics are a great opportunity to build solid technique and to learn new skills, with some of the best teachers on the North Shore.
- Soulscape Classes— This yoga practice accompanied by our DJs powerful, exclusive playlists is designed to dissolve hardened boundaries and unwind the tension. Classes devoted entirely to the music of Moby and Coldplay are on this year’s roster.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders: Keegan Kuhn, co-director of the award-winning documentary film “Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret” will discuss compassionate and practical ecology; Katie Wilcox, founder and CEO of Healthy Is The New Skinny, and Natural Model Management will provide a toolkit for ditching diet culture and redefining beauty, Christa Whittmier will share the natural therapies that worked for her to beat cancer—and how anyone can live each day to the fullest.
- Wanderlust Concert Series: Revel in a wide variety of musical performers in myriad settings, from the epic main stage at the Kuilima Point Lawn overlooking the ocean to intimate pop-up shows throughout the festival. Experience live performances featuring the sounds of Griz, Allen Stone, Eric Krasno, Mike Love, Ron Artis II, Son Little, DJ Drez, DJ Taz Rashid, Jesse Blake, Paul Izak, DJ Melody Jay, Tavana and more.
- Japanese Shibori Dyeing: Learn folded, tied, and bound resist techniques to create your own beautiful indigo-dyed scarf. All natural plant based indigo will be used for the workshop.
- Meditation Experiences: Coming to Wanderlust Oahu for the first time is the internationally esteemed master, Davidji. In our seaside meditation venue known as “The Quiet Place,” relax to the sound of ocean waves for meditation sessions unlike any other.
- Wanderlust Pool Party: Swim and shimmy to the sweet beats of the renowned DJ Drez and Christa Whittmier at The Point Pool Bar while watching dramatic sunsets and surfers catching the last waves of the day.
- Believe in Your Gut Yoga: Hosted by Tropicana Probiotics Learn how to reinforce your mind-body connection while boosting gut health, creating movement in and around your organs to help detoxify the system and build core strength.
- adidas x Wanderlust Co-Branded Collection: The 42 piece line, including, tanks, tights, graphic tees, hoodies and more will be available on site at Wanderlust Oahu. With a color palette inspired by the active calm found in yoga practice, the line features meditative neutrals like grey and cream alongside pops of coral. The full collection can be viewed here