6 Ways To Deal With FOMO If You’re Not Going To Coachella
The first weekend of Coachella kicks off today, and with hoards of festival goers descending on Indio Valley to show off their best outfits, rub elbows with basically all of young Hollywood, and see music’s best and brightest acts, it’s a hard pill to swallow if you’re not going. FOMO is bound to happen, so if you’re one of the unfortunate souls missing out, here are 6 ways to get you through the weekend.
1. Sleep. Seriously…if you need to catch up on some Zzzz-time…just crawl in bed and don’t get out until Monday morning. If you sleep the weekend away, you won’t have time to deal with FOMO.
2. Binge watch a show. You know how you’re always saying you don’t have time for another show? Well this weekend, you do.
3. Treat yourself to some pampering. Go to Sephora and buy yourself a treat. Then follow it up Saturday and Sunday with a mani-pedi, retail therapy, and a delicious meal out.
4. Get out of town! Just because you’re not headed to the polo fields of Coachella doesn’t mean you can’t have your own adventure outside your city limits…even if it’s just for the day!
5. Try something you’ve always been meaning to. Whether it be a new restaurant in town, or something crazy like skydiving, you can definitely distract your FOMO with a new experience.
6. And finally…if you must, you can feed into your FOMO by staying glued to Instagram, FB, Snapchat, Twitter and online news outlets. You’ll be so saturated with Coachella coverage, you’ll actually feel like you were there.