10 Things You Need To Know About Halsey
It’s the biggest “no duh” in the world that Halsey has been generating some serious buzz recently thanks to her collaboration with Justin Bieber on his song, “The Feeling.” However, aside from seeing that she’s undeniably, adorable, talented, and oozes confidence on stage, here’s a few fun facts to get to know this buzzy new music star on the rise!
1. Her real full name is Ashley Nicolette Frangipane.
2. Halsey is bi-racial. Her father is African American and her mother is Italian American.
3. “Halsey” is an anagram of her real name and a street in Brooklyn where she spent a lot of time as a teenager.
4. Her favorite band in 2012 was One Direction.
5. It only takes her between 20 and 90 minutes to write a song. “I like when it’s really organic, so I try to knock it out in one shot.” she told Interview.com.
6. She loves getting tattoos. Her favorite among the collection of ink she’s acquired is the 511, which is her brother’s birthday.
7. She loves rap music. “I listen to a lot of rap and R&B because it’s like ‘I haven’t been home in a long ass time and I just spent way too much money at the mall’ and I’m like, ‘SAME.’”
8. She doesn’t hide that she has bipolar disorder. “I was diagnosed when I was 16 or 17.” she told Elle.com
9. She considers Matt Healy of The 1975 a huge inspiration and a great friend.
10. Her biggest fear is being misinterpreted.