Emerging Talent: Interview With Tal Peleg
Tal Peleg is creative make up artist and blogger from Israel and I was so honored to interview her.
1. For those who haven’t heard of Tal Peleg can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a 28 yr old makeup artist and designer from Israel. I love art and makeup and try to combine them both in my eye-art.
2. Tel, you have incredible talent. How would you define the concept of “talent”?
What does it mean for you? I believe that talent is doing something you love and do it well 🙂
3. Tell me about how you create your art? Do you do it alone?
Yes, I do it all alone, on my own eye. Usually the idea just pops to my head. Inspiration is everywhere…It can be things that I like – fairytale, movie, book, favorite food and such things, or even things that I find interesting and challenging to turn into makeup – like my grandmother’s dementia, or the mania-depressia symptom. se. When I have the time, I choose from my “idea bank” and start to create the makeup look. It takes time and patience, but I really enjoy every second of it… and it is fullfilling to see people reacting to the finale result, and say they are touched by it.
4. What is your favorite make-up you have made and why?
It’s hard for my to choose because I give my heart to every each of them, but I think that my favorite is the one that was inspired by the qoute from “The little prince” – “It is such a secret place, the land of tears”, because it is very self-expressive, surreal and personal. It was a way for me to deal with some feelings I’ve struggled with in the time that I’ve created it.
5. Who are your most important inspirations for your art and blog?
I don’t have a specific person that I’m inspired by in these case… I’m inspired in general by people who are making creative things and trying to think “out of the box” and keep trying new, creative things.
6. If you could collaborate with any artist, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Rene Magritte 🙂
7. What is your biggest dream?
Keep doing what I love and enjoy, and get recognition for it…and just be happy with my work and wake up with a smile in the morning. I think I’m on the right path.
8. What are you currently working on and what are your plans for the new year?
I have some new ideas for my business but they will have to be kept as a secret right now 😉 My plans for the next year is to make a lot of new, fun makeup looks and work on my makeup buisness.
9. Do you have a message for your fans and readers?
If you love to do something, just do it… and even if it seems not to go well in the begining, don’t give up! If you will be determined enough, it will be worth the while.
You can follow Tal Peleg on: