Cooking 101: The Perfect Chicken
If there’s one thing I hate cooking, it’s chicken. It’s SO easy to screw up and either have slightly raw chicken or overly dry chicken. Before I discovered this recipe, every time I cooked chicken, I would accidentally over cook it, so I had to find a fool proof way to get it right. This recipe is great because you can use any herbs or spices you want. It’s great for a simple chicken salad or even for a fancy dinner and the best part is you can’t screw it up!!!
– Raw chicken breasts
– Olive oil
– Salt & Pepper or whatever spices you want!
1. Put the raw chicken breasts on some cellophane or rice paper and cover them with cellophane.
2. Pound the meat to 1 inch thick. (it’s okay if it’s not perfect!) Then remove the cellophane from the top.
3. Season the meat on both sides with whatever you like! Usually I use salt and pepper or Greek seasoning! (See below for more seasoning ideas!) Any dry seasoning is fine. Wet seasoning is okay, but sometimes can make the outside look like it’s burned, but it probably isn’t!
4. Heat a non stick pan for 1 minute on medium heat.
5. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Let that heat for 1 minute on medium heat.
6. Add in your chicken and let it cook for one minute on medium heat.
7. Flip the chicken breasts over, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Let your chicken cook for 10 minutes. Do not touch it or remove the cover! Trust me.
8. Without touching the chicken or removing the cover, turn the heat OFF and let the chicken sit in the pan with the cover ON for 10 more minutes.
Voila! Perfect chicken. Every. Single. Time. It gets the outside nice and browned while the inside is perfectly cooked and still juicy.
For this recipe, I vary my spices based on what I’m using the chicken for. When I make chicken to put in chicken salad or on top of a salad, I usually use just salt and pepper! Simple but delicious.
Here are some other ideas for seasoning you can use..
– Lemon pepper seasoning with parsley
– Rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper
– Greek seasoning… It’s like old bay – great on everything from chicken to pizza.
– Poultry seasoning and sage
– Garlic, basil, salt and pepper
– Thyme, onion powder, salt and pepper
Happy cooking, ladies and gents! Let me know how it goes in the kitchen!
More For You: