7 Exceptional Covers From Buzzworthy Artists
Cover songs are a way for artists to pay homage to their favorites. It also gives them the opportunity to branch out of their comfort zones and create something different than what fans are used to hearing. I’ve put together a list of 7 of my favorite covers by new and seasoned artists that are sure to keep you buzzing!
1. Gentlemen Hall – “Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe” (Kendrick Lamar cover)
This cover of the Kendrick Lamar classic has been gaining momentum in the blogosphere since it’s release last week. I’m not a big fan of the original but this cover is top notch!
2. Smoke Season – “Safe & Sound” (Capital Cities cover)
Again, I’m not a fan of the original Capital Cities hit, but this one is perfection! It has a haunting vibe that I can’t get enough of and the vocals add to its chilling atmosphere.
3. Passion Pit – “Dreams” (The Cranberries cover)
I’m definitely a fan of The Cranberries’ “Dreams” and this cover is a goody! So much synth in all the right places!
4. LIGHTS – “Fall Back Down” (Rancid cover)
LIGHTS released her version of the Rancid hit, “Fall Back Down,” on her 2010 acoustic EP. It’s simply stated and a nice spin on the original.
5. Alexz Johnson – “Stupid Girl” (Garbage cover)
When I found out that Alexz Johnson did a cover of Garbage’s “Stupid Girl” in 2005 for Instant Star, I was ecstatic! There’s not much I can say about this cover other than it is PERFECT! Garbage fanatic approved! 😉
6. Christian Burns – “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” (Tears For Fears cover)
When I discovered this cover of the Tears For Fears classic I couldn’t contain my excitement. The song was released on the 2005 soundtrack to the movie Sky High.
7. Tears For Fears – “Ready To Start” (Arcade Fire cover)
These 80’s legends recently did a cover of Arcade Fire’s “Ready To Start” and it’s been perceived very well. I hope to hear more of these in the future!
What cover song is your favorite?
More for You