To me, October means bring on the pumpkin recipes! I’ve got some good stuff in my recipe patch (get it?) for you so get excited! In addition to it tasting delicious did you know that pumpkin has health benefits too? It is rich in dietary fiber, and packed full of antioxidants, minerals (Magnesium, potassium and iron) and vitamins A, C, & E, all of which will help fight off cancer and keep your immune system boosted during flu season!
First up, Peanut Butter Pumpkin Muffins. These muffins are made of carbs you can feel good about! The fiber-rich carbs you only wish were in every muffin ever made so you wouldn’t have to feel so guilty about eating more than one. I also threw in some chia seeds for a little extra fiber, antioxidants and Omega 3s. Do I need to remind you…these muffins have pumpkin and peanut butter? (Can I get an amen?!) They also happen to be gluten free and vegan!
Here is what you will need! (Please use all organic whenever possible)
- -1 cup gluten free oat flour (or gluten free oats, finely ground in blender/food processor)
- -1 cup Almond Flour (Or you can use 2 cups of Pamela’s gf Baking and Pancake mix IN PLACE of the oat and almond flour)
- -¾ tsp Baking Soda
- -¾ tsp Sea Salt
- -1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- -½ tsp Cinnamon
- -¼ cup natural Peanut Butter
- -1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- -1 cup unsweetened Coconut Milk- from the can
- -1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- -½ cup Honey or real Maple Syrup (or 4 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops)
- -Chia Seeds (to sprinkle on top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a standard size muffin tin.
2. Mix together your dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
3. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients, making sure to combine really well.
4. Combine the wet and dry mixtures and mix well.
5. If you are using stevia as your sweetener, add this in last and adjust to taste.
6. Evenly distribute the batter into your muffin tins. Sprinkle a good amount of chia seeds on each muffin. These will add a nice (and healthy!) crunch to your muffins.
7. Bake 25-28 minutes
8. Let the muffins cool, then dig in!