How To Lose A Guy
One of my favorite movies, ‘How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days’, has been on TV constantly lately! It got me thinking… it’s such a relatable topic. Just like the lovely Kate Hudson says in the beginning of the movie, there are so many girls who just don’t know what they’re doing wrong to lose these guys. So I’ve come up with my own list of 10 things NOT to do in a relationship.
1. Being overly clingy. If you call over and over again, chances are your partner is going to not be pleased. It makes people feel like you don’t trust them. So, when you’re feeling like calling him/her over and over, call a friend instead.
2. Being too easy. As they say, who’s going to want to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Don’t let him/her have it too easy. Have respect for yourself. Have a little air of mystery. Over time, these things will come, so take your time.
3. Being self-deprecating. There is nothing sexier than classy confidence and there’s nothing less sexy than someone who is constantly putting themselves down. Everyone has insecurities and it’s okay to share that with your partner sometimes, but don’t let it be the norm. After a while, your partner might not be able to see through the negativity. Also, it may look like you’re trying to get the wrong kind of attention. So, find ways to love yourself and focus on that. Your confidence will make you shine.
4. Cheating. This is never okay. Whether you’re the person in the relationship who is cheating or the person who is knowingly participating in a hook up when you know the person is spoken for, it’s not a good look. You don’t look classy and you don’t look trustworthy. Grow up and treat people the way you want to be treated!
5. Moving too fast. You are not in love on your first date… you’re in lust! So hold your tongue for a bit. You don’t need to tell him you want 3 kids and a cat on your first date. It’s more genuine when you wait.
6. Not keeping up with yourself. This may seem harsh, so brace yourself. Honesty hour!! A lot of people get comfortable in a relationship when they’ve been together for a little while, but it shouldn’t mean that you allow yourself to gain 30 lbs and go out covered in cat hair without brushing your hair. 🙁 You don’t have to get fancy every day and wear full makeup, but don’t stop putting in effort to look nice once you’ve hooked the guy or girl! Look presentable, clean yourself up, take care of your health and put on some presentable clothes. If you want your significant other to stay physically attracted to you, don’t let yourself go.
7. Don’t stop surprising them! Show up with a little gift once in a while. Send flowers on a random tuesday. A little bit goes a long way.
8. Jealousy. The more jealous you act, the more you will push your partner away. Plain and simple. Rein in your jealousy!
9. Putting your significant other down. This is just mean. Be complimentary! Don’t point out someone’s flaws! Support and compliment. 🙂
10. Stupid fights. I can’t explain how much this irks me… couples who fight over the dumbest things. Have you never heard of choosing your battles?! You don’t even know what you’re fighting about!! It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t want to choose the restaurant or if you forgot that she doesn’t like the color blue. This literally has zero effect on your life. Let it gooooo. Save your breath for arguments that actually matter.
What are some of the things your former boyfriends/girlfriends have done to lose you? Share below!