5 Reasons To Love St. Lucia’s ‘When The Night’
I have been waiting very patiently for October 8th. St. Lucia finally released their debut album, When The Night, today and it is everything I ever hoped it would be and more. It was even recorded in my neck of the woods in Brooklyn.
After waiting over a year for a full length, I was starting to get antsy. Once “Elevate” was released this past July, I couldn’t contain my excitement. It’s no secret that When The Night has been my most anticipated album release of 2013.
I could probably list over 100 reasons why you should give When The Night a listen, but I’ll refrain and just give you 5.
1. SYNTH SYNTH SYNTH! The synth on this album is euphoric! So many 80’s feels! I thought my heart was going to explode with glitter and John Hughes movies.
2. You could easily fall in love listening to this album. Not only with the band, but with someone special. I know I have my key songs that remind me of someone amazing. 😉
3. “Elevate.” If you haven’t heard this song yet, please press play below! This is what dreaming and love sound like. It’s hard not to keep your head in the clouds while listening to this song.
4. “Too Close.” I kind of wish they would have just called it “too perfect.” The song starts off with a dreamy soundscape that is reminiscent of a carnival then it just takes off into this explosive masterpiece. I need a minute….
5. This band works hard! It took a while for this album to be perfected and I’d rather wait years for an album like this rather than something that was rushed. As a music enthusiast, I appreciate when bands take their time with an album to make sure it is their best piece of creative work. This album is perfection to my ears and I wouldn’t want it any other way. It takes you on a musical journey for almost an hour. The best part? You can relive it by pressing repeat.
More For You
Artist Of The Month: St. Lucia
Album Review: HAIM’s ‘Days Are Gone’
5 Reasons To Love CHVRCHES’ ‘The Bones Of What You Believe’