Potter Party: 20 Reasons To Love Harry Potter
In the words of Hagrid, Happee Birthdae Harry! In honor of Harry’s 33rd birthday, here are 20 things I love about Harry Potter, the character, the books, the movies and the actors.
1. Daniel Radcliffe has grown into an incredible actor. He spent so much of his childhood working and is still at it. People thought he could never break out of the Harry Potter role, but he’s tried his hand at theatre, horror films, comedy and more… and he’s done a brilliant job adjusting. Also, one of my favorite scenes from the HP films was when the Order took Polyjuice potion to be him and Daniel had to act out each personality. So funny!
2. I got to see Dobby in person. And I love him.
3. The positive underlying message of equality in the Harry Potter series. It doesn’t matter if you’re a muggle, half blood prince, black, white, gay, straight… everyone is equal.
4. Hermione and I have the same size hands. 🙂
5. The amazing amount of detail put into costumes and props. The dress Hermione wore to the Yule Ball was STUNNING in person and so were the Death Eaters costumes.
6. The mirror of erised. It shows nothing more or less than your heart’s deepest desire. I’m not sure what I would see in the mirror. How about you? Leave me a comment below.
7. Snape. What an amazing character. You’re made to hate him throughout each and every book, then in the very end… you realize his true intentions. I never saw that twist coming.
8. The castle! It’s real. I saw it. I thought I might cry it was so beautiful.
9. The theme park! I was in awe. Such a fun place. The Harry Potter ride made me feel like I was going to puke, but it really was fun.
10. Concept art for the movies was on display at the WB studio tour and -WOW-… I have never seen anything like it. The artist are so talented.
11. The feasts! Dumbledore waves his hands and piles and piles of food shows up on the table. Anything you could possibly want. Great, now I’m hungry. Where’s Dumbledore when you need him?
12. I love a good laugh and a good cry. The books and movies could pull that out of almost anyone.
13. The timeless story. Magic never goes out of style and you’re never too old for it.
14. The realistic and again, timeless characters. Who is your favorite character? Leave me a comment below!
15. Neville’s transformation. It was so awesome to see Neville grow from a weak, scared kid into a courageous man who wasn’t afraid to stand up for what he cared about.
16. Luna’s loopy ideas. What are nargles?
17. Did you know almost all of the characters wore wigs? How weird is that??
18. Dumbledore’s wise words…
“There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.”
“To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
“–yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often. Best to say nothing at all, my dear man.”
19. The tale of three brothers. The Deathy Hallows story was one of my favorite parts of the books and movies. The animation in the movies was unreal. Loved it!!!
20. In the world of Harry Potter, love is everything.
Tell me below what your favorite part of the books/movies is! Long live Potter!
More For You: