5 Reasons To Love Echosmith’s “Come Together” Video
Yesterday, @sarascoggins introduced us to the amazingness that is Echosmith, with their video for “Come Together,” in her Let’s Talk Music segment. I had never heard of them before and I’ll admit that I pressed play with low expectations. It’s been a while since I’ve found a fun pop/rock band that I really like. Echosmith blew me away within the first 30 seconds of the video and I found myself excitedly pointing out all of the things that I love like a total noob. If you haven’t checked out the video yet, go here. I think I’ve found my new favorite band.
Here are five reasons to love Echosmith’s “Come Together” video:
1. It’s a total homage to the 80’s cult classic, The Breakfast Club, which is one of my favorite movies ever! I’m obsessed with the 80’s! Who doesn’t want to be Molly Ringwald?
2. Synth! Most of you know, I’m a synth junkie. Nothing tickles my fancy more than a great synthpop song. This video is bursting with great synth vibes with a rock’n roll twist!
3. Lead singer Sydney Sierota rocks an amazing outfit but one thing stood out to me the most: floral Doc Martens. Gotta rock it out with Docs!
4. It made me yearn for a real high school experience. I wasn’t a happy camper in high school. In fact, my high school looked nothing like a real school but more like a prison. I wonder what life would have been like if I went to a school like the one in the video. Maybe the same…?
5. They remind me of a young Paramore. They’re only at the beginning of their careers, embarking on a huge national tour (coughWARPED TOUR!!cough) and I think it’s safe to say that the future looks bright for Echosmith.
Download Echosmith’s FREE summer sampler here.
Don’t miss a beat! Follow me on Twitter @TinaTweetsAlot