THE BUTTERFLY PROJECT
Self-harm it serious and dangerous problem. Often it touches kids, teenagers, prisoners or people struggling with eating disorders, depression etc Overcome isn’t easy but always we have to try.
So, today I thought about share with you “The Butterfly Project”. This project is really valuable and needed.
About “The Butterfly Project”:
“The Butterfly Project has been created for self-harmers who feel they are ready to stop and need the motivation or support to do so.”
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
If you want to know more about say stop self-harm, it check out my last blog about it: HERE
And I drew for you butterfly: