Recipe: Chocolate Coconut Granola VEGAN/ GLUTEN FREE
Reblogged from Audrey Kitching
Im a huge fan of granola. It’s the perfect snack for busy days and on the go + breakfast! It’s so easy to make, im always trying out different versions. This one came out amazing… you could have a bowl with a hot chocolate late at night for a dessert even!
- 1¼ cups raw almonds sliced
- 1 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar / I use maple sugar but either work
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or carob chips (vegans)
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) pure maple syrupl
- 1½ cups dried fruit, like golden raisins and dried blueberries / I USED DRIED CHERRIES & RAISONS
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, place chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, oats, salt and light brown sugar (or maple sugar) and mix to combine. Add maple syrup, and mix to combine well and coat all of the dry ingredients with the syrup.
- Lay out about a 1/2 inch thick on baking trays and cook for about 30-45 minutes (or until the top is lightly golden brown) stiring every 15 minutes!