Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These dairy-free egg-free delights are perfect for kids’ birthday parties or functions where there is a variety of diets and allergies present. They tase delicious! They’re a must try!
Makes about 18 to 20 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup Egg Replacer
- 1/3 cup hot water
- ½ cup rolled oats, finely ground
- ¼ cup finely ground cashews
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ cup dairy-free soy margarine
- 1/3 cup plus 2 T. white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 T. plain soy yogurt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, or lightly oil with canola oil.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the Egg Replacer with the hot water until the mixture is gooey in consistency. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the ground oats, ground cashews, flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In another medium-large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat the soy margarine until light and fluffy. Add the canola oil, sugars, soy yogurt, vanilla extract and Egg Replacer mixture, beating until smooth and well combined. Add the dry ingredients in several additions, mixing until just combined. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the dairy free chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
5. Drop the cookie dough about 2 teaspoonfuls at a time onto the prepared sheets, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 1-2 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.