5 Simple Tips To Survive The Holiday Shopping Season
(This picture gives me anxiety……)
Ok well, that’s how I feel about it, anyways. I’m not one to act like a crazed lunatic over buying Christmas presents. In fact, I’m not a big fan of crowds to begin with so just the thought of walking into a store on Black Friday makes the electric chair seem very inviting. Why people run out the second they’ve finished Thanksgiving dinner is beyond me. Contrary to popular belief, you WILL find great deals on those gifts you’ve been eyeing so relax and enjoy the true meaning of the holidays.
I prefer to shop online on Black Friday or anytime during the Christmas season. If you’re one of those people too, I have a few tips for you that will save you time and money!
1. If you are planning on braving the stores this weekend, I have a few words to live by: be kind, patient and DON’T PUSH. Have some respect; there are people out there who have nothing and you’re out there knocking people over for an iPhone? Not cool.
2. Search online for coupons before you leave! My mom is big on using coupons and she’s turned me into a crazy coupon lady haha! If you’re on a tight budget like I am, it really makes a big difference! My favorite go-to place for coupon codes and printable coupons is Mommy Saves Big. You can even sign up for some freebies as well!
3. If you shop on Amazon.com, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. You get free shipping and bunch of other great offers! You can always opt-out at the end of your trial if you don’t want the service, but make sure you click the “opt-out” button located under your account settings or you will be charged for the service at the end of your free trial which is a month after you initally sign up.
4. Don’t settle! So many times we buy things thinking we’ll never find that perfect gift but keep searching! You will find it! (This goes for a lot of things, but that’s a whole other story..)
5. Most of all, have fun! The holidays shouldn’t be a burden, it should be joyous. Don’t let anything spoil your fun…and hey if you actually enjoy shopping on Black Friday, major kudos to you! I wish I had your strength! 😀
Do you shop on Black Friday? Share your Black Friday stories with us!