BUZZNET Exclusive: Marina Monroe Shares Her Top Five Styling Tips!
If you didn’t already know, The Grove in Los Angeles is a celebrity hot spot where you’re sure to see a famous face on every visit! It’s also the set for TV’s hottest celebrity gossip show Extra! Now the entire outdoor shopping complex is getting a style makeover! New stores are taking over for a fresh new look and Buzznet‘s newest BFF, Marina Monroe, has just been named The Grove’s first Executive Style Director!
Marina is the founder of LA’s coolest personal styling platform stylehaus! The membership only showroom, which caters to those looking for personal stying and shopping, is moving into The Grove and will be onhand to offer shoppers a wide selection of upscale and vintage finds to suit every style!
To celebrate her new position, Marina shared her top five style tips exclusively for Buzznet!
1. Invest in a basic leather jacket. It’s not just a trend, but a wardrobe staple that is season-less and timeless. It’s the perfect piece to finish any look.
2. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Geometric pattern blocking in particular is super big this season. On the top, find smaller less busy patterns and on the bottom, try to find neutral toned prints. Think leopard and stripes, or florals and plaid. It sounds crazy but looks sick!
3. Put some pep into your step by incorporating one of this seasons biggest trends, peplum. Do look for pieces that hit at the smallest part of your body, your waist. Don’t go overboard with peplums that have a lot of material. They only add volume and don’t flatter your figure.
4. Ask for a second opinion! If you aren’t sure about something take a picture and send it to your best friend. I have clients text me, tweet me, instagram questions about outfits all day everyday!
5. And lastly, its cheesy but true, be confident. Exuding confidence and feeling proud of who you are and what you are wearing makes all the difference!
Thanks Marina! Congrats!
Keep coming back to Buzznet for more styling tips and fun from stylehaus in the coming months!
What fashion tip do you always follow?