Happy Birthday Adam Young! 15 Facts About The Man Behind Owl City
I just found out that today is Adam Young‘s birthday! I feel like such a bad fan! 🙁
For those of you who don’t know, Adam Young is the man behind Owl City. In honor of his 26th birthday, here are a few facts you may or may not know about the “Fireflies” singer. Enjoy!
1. Born Adam Randal Young on July 5, 1986 in Owatonna, Minnesota.
3. He has often referred to himself as being deeply shy and socially introverted.
4. He currently resides in his hometown of Owatonna, MN where he writes and programs all of his music.
5. He enjoys photography and considers himself to be an amateur photographer.
6. He released an EP, Of June, in 2007 along with an indie album, Maybe I’m Dreaming, in 2008 before being signed to Universal Republic Records and releasing Ocean Eyes in 2009. He later released All Things Bright and Beautiful in June 2011 and a live DVD in February 2012.
7. His next album, The Midsummer Station, is set to be released on August 21, 2012 with duets with artists such as Carly Rae Jepsen and Mark Hoppus of Blink-182.
8. He has worked on side projects not related to Owl City called Sky Sailing and Port Blue.
9. He has collaborated with electronic/dance artists such as Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, and Chicane. He was also featured on the song “All About Us” by indie-folk duo He Is We.
10. Taylor Swift‘s song “Enchanted” was written about him. He recorded his own version as a response back to her. *swoon*
11. He refers to himself an an insomniac and most of his great song ideas come to him in the middle of the night.
12. Owl City will be appearing on select dates with Demi Lovato on tour this summer.
13. He doesn’t drink or smoke. (My kind of man 😀 )
14. He is an only child.
15. He is currently on tour. Check here for tour dates!
Are you an Owl City fan? Which fact surprised you the most?