15 Things You May Not Know About Michelle Branch
Today is a popular day for celebrity birthdays! Along with Ashley Tisdale, today is singer-songwriter Michelle Branch‘s birthday! In honor of her 29th birthday, here are a few facts that you may or may not know about the singer. Enjoy!
1. Born on July 2, 1983 in Phoenix, AZ.
2. Full name is Michelle Jacquet DeSevren Branch.
3. Her mother is of Dutch Indonesian and French descent and her father is of Irish descent.
4. Her siblings include an older half-brother named David and a younger sister named Nicole.
5. She received a guitar for her 14th birthday and locked herself in her room until she learned how to play.
6. In June 2000, Branch released her first independent album, Broken Bracelet. Its title was inspired from a bracelet made by singer Jewel, given to Branch by musician Steve Poltz at a Lisa Loeb concert. Poltz told Branch that “when it breaks, you’ll be famous.”
7. In 2001, Branch signed a recording deal with Maverick Records. Her album The Spirit Room was released on August 14, 2001 and her breakout single, “Everywhere” won her the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards Viewer’s Choice Award.
8. In 2002, she teamed up with Santana to record the song, “The Game Of Love” which was a radio hit.
9. Her second album, Hotel Paper, was released on June 24, 2003. The lead single “Are You Happy Now?” was a chart success, earning her a nomination for the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
10. She appeared in the Rob Schneider film The Hot Chick.
12. In 2005, Branch teamed up with singer-songwriter and close friend Jessica Harp to form country duo, The Wreckers. Their debut album was released on May 23, 2006. They made an appearence on TV show One Tree Hill and later went on the national OTH tour with singer-songwriter Tyler Hilton among many others. The Wreckers split in 2007.
13. Branch released an EP, Everything Comes and Goes, in September 2010.
14. In June 2011, she released her single, “Loud Music” which was supposed to be released to her album titled West Coast Time in the fall of 2011 but unfortunately, it was pushed back for unknown reasons. No release date has yet been given.
15. On April 3, 2012, she performed “Leave the Pieces” with Kelly Clarkson in Los Angeles as part of Clarkson’s Stronger Tour.
Are you a fan of Michelle’s? Which fact surprised you the most?