‘The Avengers’ Beats The All-Time Opening-Weekend Record!
The Avengers has beat the opening weekend record! Yes, you heard right! You know what that means right? It beat previous record-holder Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. What a shocker (to many people)! But I honestly kind of saw it coming. The Avengers had a lot of hype built around it and it definitely lived up. I saw it yesterday, and it was truly amazing. Even though I had to go to three theaters before I found one that wasn’t sold out and then had to wait a long time in line, it was so worth it. Who wouldn’t want to see all the Marvels fighting together? That’s right, no one.
The film grossed about $200.3 million in its Friday-Sunday box-office debut. Now imagine how much it will make today (Sunday). This is the first movie to break the $200 million record in three days.
The movie even earned $15 million just at IMAX theaters alone! After over a week in release worldwide, The Avengers has grossed approximately $614.8 million.
Here is the all-time top ten opening weekend records as it is now:
- The Avengers, $200.3 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, $169.2 million
- The Dark Knight, $158.4 million
- The Hunger Games, $152.5 million
- Spider-Man 3, $151.1 million
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon, $142.8 million
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn—Part 1, $138.1 million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, $135.6 million
- Iron Man 2, $128.1 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, $125 million
Have you seen The Avengers yet? Do you think the movie was better than Harry Potter and that it deserved to beat its record?