Taking Back Sunday’s ‘Tell All Your Friends’ 10 Year Anniversary.
Today is the 10-year anniversary of Taking Back Sunday’s iconic album, Tell All Your Friends. The influential band has been thought a few line up changes over the past 10 years, but in 2011 with their self-titled release, the original lineup reunited and hit the road for the firt time since the album’s debut.
I remember when I first heard this album and fell in love with the young emo band from Long Island, NY. The powerful and aggressive hooks, over-lapping vocals and guitar driven tracking was enough to get me from the first listen. Still blast this record on a regular basis; good music is hard to kill. To comemorat the album’s brithday, here are some fun facts about the iconic album that you may not have already know.
– The album title came from the lyrics in “Cute Without The ‘E’ (Cut from the Team)’
– Album reached 183 on the U.S. charts and has sold enough albums to be certified Gold by RIAA .
– John’s sister Michele Nolan provided additional vocals on the album
– In a 2011 interview Adam Lazzara and John Nolan confessed that their least favorite song on the album is ‘Head Club’. Apparently the piano introduction to the song was speed up in post-production, and they were not happy with the results.
– Album has been pressed five times by Victory Records.
– The popular song ‘There’s No I In Team’ was written in response to Band New’s song ‘Seventy Times 7’ and if you listen closely you can hear the lyrics of the Brand New song layered underneath Adam’s vocals.
Happy birthday to one of my all time favorite albums! You can catch Taking Back Sunday on the Warped Tour this summer alongside The Used, New Found Glory and All Time Low.
Let’s talk music, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
What is one of your all time favorite albums?