10 Ways To Get Over A Break-Up
Break-ups are never easy and sometimes it may seem like the end of the world, especially when you’re the one who gets dumped. When it first happens, there’s often this feeling that you’ll never, EVER get over it. Look at Lily Collins:it took hermonths to even talk about her ex-BF Taylor Lautner – and they broke up last September!
Here are 10 ways to console your broken heart after a split:
1. Delete him from your phone, Facebook, Twitter, and other socials that you two are friends on. It’s a must-do, especially later on when you want to contact him sporadically only to realize that isn’t the best idea.
2. Wallow. Go ahead, break out those tissues and have yourself a good cry. It’s okay, let it all out. Everyone heals at a different pace. But stop yourself after a month or so. After that is too much, and then it’s time to get happy!
3. Keep busy. Whether it’s keeping your already hectic routine or stepping it up a notch at work or school and in your extracurricular activities, it’s best to keep busy and not allow time to just be idle. Like they say, “An idle mind is the devil’s playground.” Isn’t that the truth?!
4. Go out with your girlfriends. There’s nothing like getting all dolled up with your girls for a night on the town!
5. Take up a hobby. You know that dance class you’ve been DYING to try but never have because you just didn’t have the time? Guess what – now’s the time.
6. Hit the gym. That’s right, lace up those sneakers and get moving at the gym. Besides staying healthy and getting your best body yet, it’s a well-known fact that exercising releases endorphins. Yay for happy feelings!
7. Meet new people. Go out and meet new folks who can give you a different perspective on life: whether they know it or not!
8. Get in touch with your spiritual side. Pray. Meditate. Do yoga. And most of all, focus on inner peace.
9. Surround yourself with friends and family. You may have lost a love, but your friends and fam have a different kind of love for you: unconditional love -and that’s the kind of love that never goes away. 🙂
10. Focus on yourself. Remember who you were before you guys got together. Who is that person? What did she like to do? Become her again.
And no matter how much it hurts or how long it takes for you to heal, remember one thing: You WILL get through this!
What’s your tried-and-true best way to get over a break-up?