Rumored Line-Up for the Britney Spears Tribute at the 2011 VMAs is RIDICULOUS
So, MTV released a promo telling fans that at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards on August 28th, they will be presenting a “Tribute to Britney Spears.” While the promo is filled with images of Britney partying and DJ-ing, no other information about the tribute has been given officially.
A producer from MTV apparently leaked an OFFICIAL shot of the show’s official line-up, complete with the performers for the Britney Tribute. And you will not BELIEVE the names they got to participate in this salute to the woman who has defined, for better or worse, the term “Pop Princess.”
The RUMORED line-up:
- Selena Gomez performing “…Baby One More Time”
- Katy Perry performing “Oops, I Did It Again”
- Janet Jackson performing “I’m a Slave 4 You”
- Demi Lovato performing “Toxic”
- Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj performing “Gimme More”
- Lady Gaga performing “Circus”
- and finally, Britney herself performing “Hold It Against Me” and “I Wanna Go.”
Oh, and after all this?
Britney will be presented with a lifetime achievement award…by MADONNA.
Of course, at this point it could be an elaborate hoax, but it wouldn’t surprise me if MTV pulled out all the stops for a Britney Tribute.
What do you guys think?