Say Anything’s Drummer Coby Linder’s 5 Fit Foods & Exercises for Summer
Say Anything has been off working away on a brand new record, but in the mean time drummer Coby Linder has also been working on his health & fitness. Coby gave Buzznet an exclusive insight to his favorite fit foods and exercises for summer!
Coby’s Top 5 Summer Fit Foods
1. Watermelon– A natural source of carbohydrates and essential sugars, the watermelon is composed of 92% water and is a great source of Vitamin C. Eat some of a hot summer day to get your beta carotene and water supply for the day.
2. Lean Chicken skewers – Grilling is a huge summer tradition. While the standard for the 4th of July is burgers and hot dogs, try and make a better choice by making your own skewers out of 99% lean white meat chicken, onions, peppers and pineapple. Dash with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and you have a healthy fix so you can still join in on the festivities.
3. Almonds – Almonds are a great source of healthy fats that the body needs to survive. Be careful though. Even healthy fats can be over consumed. Stick to 20 or so unsalted almonds per day and reap the benefits of what they have to offer.
4. Spinach – Popeye. Need I say more? Enjoy as much as you want!
5. Shakeology – If you haven’t heard of Shakeology, go check out www.Shakeology.com or www.myshakeology.com/cobywise. It is Beachbody’s game changing meal replacement supplement with over 70 whole food ingredients from all over the world. Plus the chocolate flavor tastes like a Wendy’s frosty! What more could we ask for?
Coby’s Top 5 Summer Exercises
1. Air Squat – Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder distance apart with you knees and feet pointing in the same direction. Keep your back straight, chest up and eyes forward and lower your hips to the ground, making sure your knees don’t track over your toes. Imagine sitting back in a chair. You can do these until you really feel the burn. Then do 10 more 🙂
2. Plyo Pushup – This is more of an advanced move, but if you’re up for the challenge you can make it happen. Do a normal pushup with your knees apart, but when you push up you shoot yourself in the air with your feet still on the ground and do a clap in the air. Catch yourself in pushup form on the way down and repeat.
3. Traveling Lunges – Stand with your feet hid distance apart. Take a giant step forward with your left foot and sink your right knee to 90 degrees. Return to starting position and switch legs. Do this 30 times on each leg. Add dumbbells if necessary.
4. Shoulder Presses – Summer = tanktops. Gotta have good shoulders. This move rocks. Stand or sit with two dumbbells in front of your shoulders with palms pacing outward. Slowly lift up the weights above your head right before your elbows lock and then bring back down to 90 degrees. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Plank Hold – Plank works everything. Shoulders, legs, butt and especially your core. Lie face down elevating yourself onto your forwards with hands making a fist. Keep your back flat and straight like a board (plank, get it?). Squeeze your core, glutes and inner thighs together and keep your shoulders in line with your elbows. Tilt your pelvis to contract your core and hold for a minimum for 30-60 seconds. Take a 1 minute break and repeat 3 more times.
Feel free to check out Coby elsewhere on the web:
Email him for advice: email@example.com
Beach Body Coach: www.beachbodycoach.com/cobywise
Follow on Twitter: @cobylinder