So, Do You Read Comics?
I’m not going to dance around it with this post. The point of this post is to ask you, the users of Buzznet, if you read comics.
The Justice League Goes Punk Rock, Art by the incredible Annie Wu, who I will some day join forces with to publish the comic about the JLA as a punk band, except for how I won’t because DC probably won’t let us, the big meanies.
See, with San Diego Comic Con happening this weekend, I’m curious to know if you read comics. At all. It’s okay if you don’t. But basically, I’d like you to talk to me about a couple of things:
- Do you read comics? This includes not only American comics and indie titles, but manga and webcomics.
- What titles do you read?
- What draws you to these comics? Why do you keep reading?
- Have you stopped reading anything for any reason? Why?
And for those of you who DON’T read comics, I wanna hear from you, too!
- Have you ever tried reading comics?
- What don’t you tend to like about them?
- Is there anything American comic writers/artists/creators could do to capture your interest?
Basically, I’d like to know your feelings on comics. This will help me in the future potentially do more comic-related stuff that the Buzznet audience is interested in AND may be a way for me to say to other comic people “Hey, look, there are some awesome users on Buzznet who would read more comics if you’d just do [this] with them!”
I’ll even get us started: Obviously I do read comics. Some of my favorite titles are Birds of Prey, Batgirl, The Runaways and the comic continuation of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (season 9 launches in September!) …not so much the Angel continuation comic, though. I’ve dabbled in manga, but the only stuff I’ve REALLY liked was the Cowboy Bebop tie-in manga. And as for webcomics, I love Questionable Content and Girls with Slingshots, but, um, warning for adult content in BOTH of those.
So talk to me, Buzznet. About COMICS.