Questions I am asked, that I never really answer
1. If you weren’t choreographing/dancing, what would you be doing?
– I would be a wedding gown designer (please hold your iconic laughter)
2. What are your favorite films?
– Green Mile, Junebug, The Piano, and The Virgin Suicides. Although, I’m a huge fan of epics, so I must sneak in BraveHeart, and Gone With The Wind.
3. Do you miss the midwest?
– Sometimes? I miss my best friend the most; I miss good midwestern food – it beats Blue Ribbon Academy Las Vegas cuisine anyday! I think because the food prepared there is meant to warm your tummy, not over zest your tastebuds.
4. Where would you live, if the means were possible?
– Montpellier or Reims, France. Good dance, and good people, fabulous history; however, I am most happy here in the southwestern land of America. The desert has always been the only home for me.
5. What is the most unusual job interview question you’ve been asked?
– “In the news story of your life, what would the headline read?” For which I answered, “Woman fakes her own death on stage!”
6. What is your least favorite word?
– “potential” and/or “emerging”
7. What’s your favorite Broadway musical?
– Jekyll & Hyde
8. What was your favorite book growing up?
– Witches by Roald Dahl, or Prince Caspian in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
9. What’s the most interesting biography you have ever read?
– Joan Jett and/or Queen Victoria
10. If you could be a part of any dance company, who’s would it be?
– About a year ago I would’ve answered, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Co.; however, today I must say, “my own…”
11. What stumped you most as a child?
– Why glue didn’t stick to the bottle
– When I tried to catch something falling off the table, I always managed to knock over something else.
12. Best physical feature of the opposite sex?
– Long hair! or red hair, or both, preferably. But you can’t have carrot cake and eat it too.
13. Favorite cartoon super hero?
– The Tick. I even own a t-shirt and mug.
14. Best bubblegum brand?
– Big League Chew
15. Guilty pleasure music artist?
– Edith Piaf or Taylor Swift (I know, I know…)