10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About ‘New Moon’
Now that Comic Con 2011 is over and we have recieved a taste of what to expect in Breaking Dawn – Part 1 from the Twilight panel, Twihards everywhere are counting down the minutes until the film hits theaters.
Let’s pass a few of those minutes by taking a look at 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About New Moon, shall we?
1. Each actor of “the wolf pack” actually have official papers proving their Native American descent. Chaske Spencer is Lakota (Sioux), Bronson Pelletier is Cree-Metis, Alex Meraz is Purepecha (Tarasco), and Kiowa Gordon is Hualapai.
2. Actress Dakota Fanning took the role as Jane in New Moon in order to start forming the friendship bond needed for her role as Cherie Currie to Kristen Stewart‘s Joan Jett in The Runaways.
3. During the scene in which Bella and Jessica leave the movie theater, most of Anna Kendrick‘s lines were improvised.
4. Bella’s 18th birthday scene was filmed on April 9th, Kristen Stewart‘s 19th birthday.
5. The parts of the film that took place in Italy were filmed in Montepulciano – the same location used for the movie Under the Tuscan Sun starring Diane Lane.
6. The ring that Bella wears throughout the movie is set with a large moonstone.
7. Actor Taylor Lautner was almost replaced as Jacob Black for New Moon because the filmmakers were afraid that he would not be able to gain the 30 lbs of muscle in time for production. Lautner gained 26 lbs and kept his role, obvs.
8. Actor Robert Pattinson had his eyebrows waxed extensively for Twilight, but refused the process for New Moon which results in a bushier looking Edward.
9. The U.S. premiere of the film was held on November 16th 2009, the night of a new moon.
10. Actor Jamie Campbell Bower auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen in Twilight, but ended up with the role of Caius in New Moon instead.