10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Brad Pitt
Actor Brad Pitt has been on the screen since the late 80’s and continues to be a celebrity gossip staple to this date.
While getting juicy news like the whole Jennifer Aniston split and new children with Angelina Jolie certainly keeps him in the headlines, here are 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Brad Pitt:
1. After watching Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, Brad contacted director Guy Ritchie to be in the follow-up film Snatch. Ritchie gave him the role of Mickey the One Punch Pikey.
2. He studied Journalism in college, but dropped out just 2 credits short of graduation.
3. Brad auditioned for the role of J.D. in Heathers, but lost out to the “edgier looking” Christian Slater.
4. He owns the rights to the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs, better known in the U.S. as the remake The Departed.
5. Brad Pitt tore his Achilles tendon while filming scenes for Troy, in which he plays Achilles.
6. Brad made a whopping $4,500,000 for doing a Heineken commercial in 2005!
7. Brad owns homes in five places on the map: Los Angeles, Malibu, and Goleta, California, Benerville, France, and New Orleans, Louisiana.
8. He broke his arm on the set of Se7en and had it written into the script.
9. Brad was considered for the roles of Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow and Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but both roles ended up going to Johnny Depp.
10. Brad was actually banned from entering China for the role that he played in the film Seven Years in Tibet.