10 Fun Facts From Behind The Scenes at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards
Ever wonder what goes on when the cameras are off, when they cut to commercial break – basically what they DON’T show you on TV during the MTV Movie Awards?
Buzznet’s own Armen Atoyan and Patty Gopezgot in on the behind-the-scenes action, attending last night’s awards show. Together they got the inside scoop on what you saw on TV as well as what you didn’t see.
Here are 10 fun facts from behind the scenes at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards:
1. Armen and Patty got to the show a little TOO early (try 4 hours too early!) so to kill time, they watched X-Men: First Class. It was AWESOME!
2. While hanging out at the Gibson Amphitheatre (the venue of this year’s MTV Movie Awards) and scoping out the set-up for the MTV Movie Awards afterparty, they spotted a man riding a black Segway with gold rims. Like this:
5. Emma Watson used the public restrooms. (OMG, she’s normal!)
6. It took 3 large men to escort Kristen Stewart to the restroom.
7. During the commercial breaks, they played clips from previous MTV Movie Awards musical performances for the audience, including ‘NSYNC’s “It’s Gonna Be Me,” Tatu’s “They’re Not Gonna Get Us,” Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil Kim’s “Lady Marmalade,” Pussycat Doll’s “When I Grow Up,” TLC’s “Waterfalls,” Yeah Yeah Yeah’s “Maps” – and much more. Hello nostalgia!
8. Former MTV reality show star Stephen Colletti (of Laguna Beach fame) and his Disney star gf Chelsea Kane were seated in the section in front of Armen and Patty.
9. They kept bumping into Friday Night Lights and Disney’s Prom star Aimee Teegarden, who was wearing a beautiful multicolored dress.
10. While waiting around after the show, they spotted a girl who looked eerily similar to Buzznet fashion editor Yasi. She was wearing an outfit straight from the Cultist line. The resemblance was quite uncanny!
What greeted everyone as they made their exit from the 2011 MTV Movie Awards – THIS GUY:
Did you watch this year’s MTV Movie Awards?