New RSS Import Feature Makes It Easy To Share All Of Your Content From Around The Web On Buzznet
In this installment of Buzznet updates, we are giving you a RSS import!
- You can now add the RSS feed from any of your blogs around the web on Buzznet. This includes your Tumblr, YouTube, Etsy, Deviant Art, Blogspot and others.
- Once you enter your RSS feeds or account names, it will take about 15 minutes for your recent posts to import. We’ll pull in your last ten updates but going forward we pull in all new posts that are available from your RSS.
- At the bottom of each imported post there is a link to the original post on the source site, sending traffic to wherever your RSS is from.
- All content in a post can be pulled (images, videos, text and formatting). The thumbnail image will be the first image in a post. Tumblr’s audio player can also be pulled into a post, as well as Soundcloud and Bandcamp player embeds.
- YouTube imports appear as actual video posts, not blog posts.
- Imported posts that are reblogs from Tumblr show the original source they were reblogged from.
- Please Note: to get featured on the Buzznet homepage and other section pages, it is always better to post ORIGINAL content to Buzznet, NOT feeds. This tool is simply a great way to keep your page fresh at all times when you don’t have time to create new original posts. (See also: “How to get featured on Buzznet”)
To implement your RSS import simply click the “Edit Your Profile” button at the upper right hand corner of your Buzznet profile. Then, scroll down to the section for “Import External Posts” shown below.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with questions or concerns you might have about this new feature.
So…does this bring you joy, or what?!