10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Tokio Hotel
Buzznet proclaimed me the best Tokio Hotel fan of the world, so I thought to do this blog, inspired to Sylvs’ style, about Tokio Hotel, the youngest German band who rocked the world and the only one to win a moonman at VMA’s 2008.
Waiting for their new album, here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about them.
1. Before “Devilish”, their first name band, Bill and Tom when played alone in pub chose the name of “Back Question mark”, they were thinking about “Schwarz Fragezeichen”, German meaning, but their thought was better in English so they searched on the dictionary the translation
2. Simòne, Bill and Tom’s mum, talking about her choice about the names of her sons, said: “I already knew they were pest before they were born so I had to decide a short name so I could pick up them in an easy way! ;)”
3. Georg had a turtle a couple of years ago (around 2006) dead of pneumonia
4. In July 14, 2007, for Fraternité Concert, Tokio Hotel had a concert under Tour Eiffel in front of 500,000 people. It is the biggest audience ever for a Tokio Hotel concert!
5. Tokio Hotel in 2005 firmed a contract with Sony, but then the label refused to work with them because Sony and BMG, in that moment, they were working with a fusion, and they hadn’t to invest in new bands so Universal contacted them and then firmed a new contract.
6. Exist another version of “Leb die Sekunde”before the one includes in the demo “Devilish” of 2003, who Bill wrote when he was really young (the first song he wrote)
7. “Devilish” demo is a real milestone: Tokio Hotel, Devilish at that time, recorded the demo all alone, printed a cover with the tracklist too and they left the demo on the tables where they usually played at Gröninger Bad. They did only 300 copies and who has that demo is really lucky right now and it has a huge value!
8. From February 2010 to February 2011, Tokio Hotel toured without stops in 3 continents (America, Europe and Asia), 25 countries and in over 42 cities.
9. Bill is also a fashion designer, among his personal creations there are this pair of jeans, he said her mom helped him, and this striped trousers.
10. If they haven’t had luck with the music, Bill wanted to become a fashion designer, Tom a graphic designer, Georg a dentist as his father and Gustav a fireman.