Japan In Distress: How You Can Help
By now I am quite sure that we are all aware of the destruction in Japan caused by a major earthquake and tsunami on Friday. The death toll is in the thousands and the country is in turmoil.
Here are some ways that we can help our friends in Japans begin to recover from this horrible tragedy that ensued on Friday:
– AmeriCares is asking for online donations so they can provide medicine and medical supplies to victims of the disaster.
– Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Response team is in contact with partners in Japan and identifying areas in the greatest need of assistance. You can donate by going to their website or by texting TSUNAMI to 50555 to donate $10 toward the relief efforts.
– Direct Relief International is reaching out to medical teams and emergency responders to offer assistance.
– Global Giving has set up a relief fund where you can make a donation online, which will be distributed to relief and emergency services in the affected region.
– Save the Children is mobilizing a response to the disaster in Japan with a focus on helping the youngest victims. You can donate via their website.
– You can make a $10 donation to the Red Cross by text messaging REDCROSS to 90999.
– International Medical Corps is sending medical supplies and relief teams to Japan. Help by donating $10 by texting MED to 80888.