10 Awesome, Weird Things You Didn’t Know About Sucker Punch
Do you guys like the post I did for We’ve Got You Covered? 🙂
Reblogged from We’ve Got You Covered
Sucker Punch is an action-packed fantasy thriller directed by Zack Snyder, where the lead character, Baby Doll, uses her imagination to create a fantasy world where she can escape the dark reality in which she lives. After being locked away against her will, Baby Doll (played by Emily Browning), is determined to fight for her freedom. Once she she discovers that she needs to find five necessary items in order to escape from “The Wise Man” (Scott Glenn), Baby Doll reaches out to four girls to help her. If they succeed, it will set them all free.
Baby Doll’s posse of bad-ass girls consists of outspoken Rocket (Jena Malone), the street-savvy Blondie (Vanessa Hudgens), the fiercely loyal Amber (Jamie Chung), and the reluctant Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish). Together, the five girls fight to collect the five items needed to escape the control of the tyrant Blue (played by Oscar Isaac), and the ruthless yet passionate dance instructor Madam Gorski played by Carla Gugino.
1. The movie was originally rated R, and Zack Snyder had to work very hard to get the CARA to make the film PG-13.
2. Abbie Cornish almost died on set after accidentally being struck on the side of the head with a steel bayonet. She began bleeding and was only alright because the metal hair clip holding her extensions took most of the hit. Even after bleeding from her head, she insisted that filming continue once she was cleaned up.
3. Jena Malone was more terrified of the dance scenes then she was of the action filled, gun fight scenes.
4. Despite having more nude photos leak, Vanessa Hudgens remained professional and maintained a positive attitude. When asked how she related to Blondie, who cracks under pressure in the movie, that she said that she had defiantly faced hard times and that you “just have to find the positive and battle your way through.” Go Vanessa! We totally support you!
5. Emily Browning sings three songs for the film. Carla Gugino and Oscar Isaac also contribute their singing voices to the soundtrack.
6. All five girls trained for eight months with actual Navy Seals to prepare for the movie. The girls got ripped and were surprised at their muscular transformation. Abbie Cornish in particular was fascinated by the changes during her training and started studying up on human anatomy as a result.
7. The trenches in the World War l scenes were all real sets that smelled like manure. When the girls did their first walking scene down the trench, they were covered in dirt and smoke from the explosions on set.
8. Madam Gorski’s accent is Polish, not Russian.
9. Emily Browning never wants to look the same way twice in a movie because she loves transforming into a new person for each film. She also cut off all her bleach blond hair after the production wrapped and is now back to her natural color (red).
10. Be sure to watch the ending credits to see the only dance scene in the movie.
What do you think about Sucker Punch?
Will you go see it on March 25th?
Images via IMDB