Question of the Day: What Are 6 Things You Wished You Never Did?
This is Day 4, right? Why can’t I remember? What’s wrong with me? We’ll get to that in a bit. Today’s question is about 6 things you wish you never did. Let us carry on with the joy that is the 10 Day Challenge!
DON’T DO IT! Sooner or later, it will be one of the things you REGRET.
In retrospect, there really isn’t a whole lot that I think about that makes me go “O NOES I SHOULD’VE NEVER DONE THAT.” Mostly, things that I do are either things that I still do because I tried them and then I like them. OOOOORRRRRRR, I don’t do certain things anymore because I end up not liking them. Pretty simple. I’ve also never done anything too crazy drastic that makes me think that as well.
Things I wish I never did:
1. Maybe I shouldn’t have tried all those mind altering substances. That’s o.k. though, because I don’t do those anymore. You know, I grew up. I like to think of that period of my life as a RITE OF PASSAGE that had lots of swirly colors and the WALLS BREATHED.
2. Maybe I didn’t need to go into the Army right after high school. The thing was, I didn’t know what I wanted to do at the moment and I didn’t have anything else to do. That’s the wrong kind of person the government should give bullets to. Anyway, it was a cool experience but it’s one of the things that I wouldn’t do again if future me used the TARDIS to tell little me to just go to ~ * A R T S K O O L * ~
3. I shouldn’t have ever listened to my parents. EVER. You know how like, when you’re small and you believe everything that your parents tell you because you think they know everything? Well, they don’t. At least mine didn’t. I’m not saying that my parents were horrible people (well, one of them was and the other just wasn’t AS BAD) and I guess they made due but those are the people that shouldn’t be in charge of children. THEY LEFT ME AND MY SISTERS IN MEXICO FOR A WEEK WITHOUT TELLING US THEY WERE GOING TO ONCE.
4. I should never have doubted myself. I am one tough pony but sometimes I think “OH I CAN’T DO THAT SO I BETTER NOT.” The thing is, if I put myself to do something, I CAN USUALLY DO IT. I just have to get over that whole SELF DOUBT thing.
5. I should’ve never had a credit card. Credit is stupid. I don’t ever plan on living in a house or anything (because I’m one of those people that thinks I’m going to die at 40 or something). Credit is the worst thing ever to have. I mean for me, anyway. When I got my first credit card, I was really small and OMG I GOT SO MUCH CRAP I DIDN’T NEED. It was like I was in a video game and I was BUYING ALL THE POWER UPS. Needless to say, my credit is horrible and yyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
6. I should’ve never acquired my dog. I don’t love many things because I am a joyless, husk of a person. Anyway, I have never loved or hated anything more than my dog. She is a damn mess but she is also the cutest thing ever. I imagine this is what it’s like to have children, except children don’t shed as much. Oh, but it is ok to have your dog on a leash, just not your child, with the leash attached to a monkey backpack.
Was all of this TL:DR? I hope you made it this far. Now it’s your turn. Go!