Putting Fall Out Boy’s $50K Donation in Perspective
Previously, Fall Out Boy‘s Pete Wentz had hinted at the band doing something to fight California’s Prop 8, which would overturn the state’s decision to allow same-sex marriages. And it appears that the band has put their money where their mouth is, as they have donated $50,000 to the No on 8 Campaign.
Hey, let’s face it, Pete Wentz has a big mouth. [Cut=Let’s put this in perspective, eh?]
$50K isn’t exactly a little bit of money, even for celebrities like Fall Out Boy. Keep in mind that this donation was made by a pro-gay band who have no openly gay members. And they didn’t have to donate that money. They could have spent it in other ways.
The money could also have bought:
- 3,125 pairs of Vic Furth Andy Hurley signature drum sticks
- 3,846 copies of Infinity on High in the Fueled by Ramen webstore
- 1,428 G-A-B-E hoodies from the Fueled by Ramen webstore
- 2,632 Mikey F’in Way tee shirts from the official My Chemical Romance online store
- 6,257 copes of The Lost Boys from Amazon.com
- 11,235 packages of Smucker’s Uncrustables
Major kudos to Fall Out Boy for their donation.