- Did you really think I wouldn’t find out?
I shook my head, I hoped, she whispered.
- How could you? Don’t you love me? Don’t you care? Do you care?
- Yes, I do, she replied, tears swimming down her pale porcelain cheeks. Her ocean-blue eyes now swam in a blood-red color instead of the usual white that was her sclera and her long crow-black hair covered the left side of her face. He walked over to her and gently pushed the silk-like hair away from her.
- Look at my hands, he said. I killed a man today. I killed a man because of you.
- I know and I’m sorry but I did what I did for you…
- For me? His voice began to rise hysterically. You slept with him for me?
- Yes, she said slowly staring out into the dark area surrounding them. The only light was that of the metro station with huge florescent sign with “Saint Laurent” in green. The lights reflected on Eric’s face giving him a hulk-like appearance adding to Annalisa’s fear. She looked deep into his eyes which were angry and hurt, hurt not physically but she could see his sadness hidden behind them.
- Please explain that to me because it is obvious that I must know absolutely nothing, he said with a very obvious sarcastic tone.
- Look, she said trying to hold back her tears, if I hadn’t done what I did; it would be you dead this night and not Alexander.
- What do you mean? Annalisa my love, Eric’s voice becoming now sweet and soft.
- Let us go home and talk this all over with coffee; I fear it’s going to be a long night.
And with that the two strode into the metro and on to home they went…