thank you so effin much for the comments ya'all! i hope i'm not updating way to often, i guess one chapter ahead for those who haven't read the previous one is not too much to catch up pn, anyways, it's not like this fic in particular is so imprtant...
okay, now for those who though that hayley was going to do something wrong, you were right and more things happend... most of you though that hayley was using josh, was she really...
I drove down the country road with my eyes barely focusing, it was still quite dark and i was really tired, all sorts of thoughts were blurring my mind. Suddenly my head snapped up, i gripped into the wheel tightly as i saw a figure moving forwad on the road, it came right at me, i clenched my teeth and turned left, the car jerked to the side and so did my whole body, i tried my best to avoid the accident. I managed to stop the car just before it would run into a treek although the were nothing but corn feelds here, it seemed to be the only one purposely growing here for me to crash against it. I rested my head against the wheel trying to catch my breath than climbed out of the car, walking into the road i found it complitely empty, i walked a few feet but still it was deserted. Letting out a deep breath i run my hand through my hair than looking back at my car i realized that i almost got into a car crash, who knows what could've happen. Walking back to my car i wondered what did i just saw, that dark figure was it due to the fact that i was tired and not focused on the road or were those hallucinations but not any sort of hallucinations, just like the ones Hayley had, was it Jason again? Shaking my head i tried to chance any bad thoughts away and not to let those stupid ideas get into my head. I felt the irritation and that bitter feeling in the pit of my stomach as i recalled everything that had happened tonight, a part of me felt guilty for pushing Hayley away but i just couldn't be there with her, i couldn't just let her use me, she had to get used to the fact that Jason was dead, she had to move on, because i couldn't live a life like that.
I cimbed back into my car and started the engine, i debated on where i should go, i had nowhere else than my house if i didn't want to come back to the Williams's house and i couldn't, i couldn't face Hayley right now.
I frowned as my phone begun to ring, i cussed under my breath as i saw Ricky's name flash on the screen, she was going to ask me what had happened and i really didn't want to talk about this with anyone.
- Hello? i asked with a sigh but all i could hear is Ricky's cries on the other line, what happened? i demanded.
- Josh, Hayley's in the hospital, she sobbed.
- What? i snapped and felt a shiver run down my spine, where, what happened? i shouted.
- She, she tried to shoke herself, Ricky sobbed, i let out a shaky breath and gripped into the streeing wheel, Josh, please you need to come!
- I'll be there in a minute, i whispered and hang up, i needed a few minutes to compose myself, i could feel the tears coming, Hayley almost killed herself because of me, this is all i could think about.
I run down the hostpital halls almost loosing my breath now, as soon as i saw Ricky i rushed up to her, she hugged me tightly and begun to sob, i held her close trying myself not to break down.
- How bad was it? i managed to ask as she calmed down a bit, Ricky chewed hard into her lip, tell me, i whisepred and gently wiped her tears away.
- We managed to get her out of the shokehold, she almost passed out, Rickly whispered before throwing herself into my arms and crying, i clenched my teeth and rubbed her back gently, than i saw Mrs.Williams, Hayley's dad was there too along with Jeremy and Taylor, all had blood shot eyes and nervously passed in the hallway, Hayley's father was comforting Hayley's mom.
- I thought you were with her, where did you go? Ricky asked me and looked right into my eyes but i couldn't look at her, chewing into my lip i looked down, Josh, what happened?
- It's just, nothing really, i whispered but i could feel her eyes on me.
- Josh, you can tell me, i shook my head no and she sighed.
As the night went on we had the chance to speak to a doctor, he said that she was physically fine but that they will have to study her behavior, Mrs.Williams had told them about the accident at home, when she almost stepped out of the window, of course she thought that it was an attempt of suicide but i knew Hayley had heard Jason. A part of me felt like it was all delirium, Hayley couldn't hear Jason call out for her, he was gone and if she did than it meant that she has gone crazy, if any of the doctors hear her talk about her dead boyfriend calling for her or speaking to her she could probably go to a mental hospital, i hoped that her parents wouldn't let them do that but an other part of me knew that she could be hearing him or seeing him, something happened at my house, somebody stole the pictures of Hayley and me, right after she had kissed me that time and it did make sense.I was passing in the hallway and than the realization hit me hard, Hayley almost choked herself, she tried to kill herself because she felt guilty, she felt guilty for being with me, what if she tried to kill herself because Jason told her so, he did because he was mad at me and i almost got a car accident. I walked to the window in the end of the hall and pulled it open breating in the night air, my head was aching and my heart pumping in my chest, this couldn't be happening. I had to talk to Hayley and ask her why she did this to herself and than i remembered that i was the one who had pushed her away and left her alone crying.
- Josh, i felt a hand on my shoulder and almost jumped out of my skin, oh i'm sorry i scared you, Ricky apologized, i sighed softly.
- It's okay, i whispered, any news about Hayley? Ricky shrugged tiredly.
- They told us we could see her in the morning, Josh you should go home and rest, i shook my head, i couldn't go home right now, did i really want to meet Jason's ghost face to face?
- But you look so tired, you need sleep, she told me, i looked at her tired face and red puffy eyes and gently hugged her, she hugged back and held me for a while, than i heard her crying softly.
- It's okay, Ricky, she's alive, i whispered into her hair and rubbed her back gently, she is alive, i repeated.
- But this is the second time, Josh, she sobbed into my shirt, i can't lose her, she's my little sister, she whispered, i chewed into my lip feeling the tears in my eyes, it was partially my fault if she was in the hospital bed right now, i had promissed to care and love her, i promissed that i'd make her happy her and respect her love for Jason but i couldn't deal with her constant hallucinations, although it wasn't really her fault, it still hurt me.