i am so sorry for the four people who actually read this story cause i know not everyone stands tayley stories xD so yeah those four people, i have good news for you i found inspiration and now i will be updating this story well at last theres one new chapter, things picked up for real now (gosh, yes, finnaly)
hope you like it :D
oh and heres the link to the previous chapter: http://theothercherrytwin.buzznet.com/user/journal/17267527/without-trace-tayley-story-chapter/
Hayley smiled as she looked up from her plate and around herself, she was surrounded by her closest family and the one that she loved, she felt happy and guilty at the same time, guilty for spending time with them only now when she was in danger. She was glad they were all there for her though, she needed them now, she only wished her mother was there now. She glanced over at Taylor who seemed to be awkward around all those people knowing that at any moment they could ask questions about him and Hayley, he knew he wouldn't know what to say besides that they were now together, he wanted to keep everything between the two of them.
- Hey, Hayley whispered to him, he looked at her from the corner of his eyes, she smiled grabbed his hand under the table, you okay?
- Yeah, sure, he smiled and inlaced their fingers, Hayley chewed into her lower lip.
- Okat than, she mouthed and turned her head to listen to her father talk but still holding into Taylor's hand, he looked at her for a moment just thinking how lucky he is to have her in his life, to have her heart and knowing that she loved him back.
After the meal Hayley dissapears in the kitchen with her grand mother and other relatives so Taylor desided to go up into the attic and arrange his room a bit. Looking around the place he decided to keep his clothes in the suitcase and only make his bed but luckly for him it was already made and everything smelled so fresh that he felt that if only he'd lay his head on the pillow he'd fall asleep inmeddiatly. He sat down in the arm chair and rubbed his hands together thinking. He wanted to get rid of this sick guy who keeps on following Hayley and hurting everyone around, Taylor couldn't believe he almost killed Hayley's mother and set fire to Hayley's house destroying everything, Taylor could tell this guy wanted Hayley to be scared. Sighing deeply Taylor leaned back agains the arm chair and closed his eyes, he was reassuring himself that nothing could happened with Hayley not when she was surrounded by so many people who loved her. Without even wanting it Taylor drifted into sleep, his dreams were sweet at first, he couldn't tell what it was about but it made him feel good inside and mostly it was filled with Hayley, he just couldn't make anything out of the dream than he felt worried and scared, Hayley was gone than he heard her screaming. He suddenly woke up still feeling alarmed, when he opened his eyes he realized that Hayley was there, she was sitting on the armrest and her head slightly touched his.
- Hayles, he said sofly and took her hand in his.
- Taylor, she seemed worried and looked at his face, are you alright?
- Yeah, he said himself unsure, i was just sleeping, why?
- You called out for me, she whispered, so i came and you, were you having a nightmare? she asked and stroke his hair, Taylor sighed.
- Just a silly dream i guess, he smiled softly, thank you for coming, he said and wrapped his arm around her waist, chewing into her lip Hayley sat into his lap and kissed his lips softly.
- I can stay here with you, if you want me to, she whispered shily.
- It could be really nice, he smiled and rested his forehead against hers, i'm starting to miss you, Hayley felt shivers down her spine as the words left his lips.
- I miss you too, she admitted, maybe, she chewed into her lip and blushed, maybe i could stay here tonight, she trailed off.
- This place is kind of creepy, Taylor whispered.
- But you're here with me, she whispered and looked into his eyes, letting out a soft breath Taylor pressed his lips to hers and kissed her deeply. As they pulled away Hayley looked slightly confused, chuckling under his breath Taylor kissed Hayley's forehead and hugged her againts his chest.
- I love you and i won't ever let anyone hurt you, he whispered, Hayley smiled and closed her eyes. Suddenly her phone begun to ring.
- Sorry, she mumbled and answered the call, her smile fell, um of course, thank you, i'll be right there.
- Donnely? Taylor asked refering to the investigator, Hayley nodded and looked down chewing hard into her lip.
- He'd ask questions about him, she whispered, i know it.
- You don't have to tell them about-
- It's fine, Hayley whispered, it would come out sooner or later, i better say it, maybe it would help somehow, she mumbled.
- It's okay, don't worry Tay, she kissed him softly and got up, are you-
- Yeah i'm coming with you, Taylor smiled softly and grabbed her hand.
- Well hello you two, Hayley's aunt smiled at them as they walked down the stairs, Hayley smiled weakly.
- Um, we need to go but we'll be back soon, Hayley said.
- Alright than, her aunt smiled and left for the kitchen, Hayley's father gave them a confused look as they walked to the door, Hayley bit at her lip before walking up to him and explaining everything quickly.
During the ride Taylor could tell how tense and nervous Hayley was. Turning the engine off he looked at her and took her hand in his.
- Hayles, if you don't want to tell them everything you don't have to, he told her softly.
- Don't worry Tay, i'll be fine, Hayley reassured him and smiled weakly, as they walked hang in hand down the multiply halls Taylor could tell that everyone was staring but at the moment he didn't even cared of the reason why.
- Hello Miss Williams, the investigator smiled as they walked in, Mr. York, he nodded to Taylor who nodded as well, take a sit, he smiled.
- What did you want to talk about, Hayley begun, i'm actually sorry about the last time, i was just, she chewed into her lip.
- You were exausted Hayley, Taylor cut her off.
- It's understandible, you really don't have to apologize, Donnely smiled pulling out a file from his safe before sitting back at his desk, Hayley chewed nervously into her lip.
- So you do know him as Jake Roberts, i am right? the investigator asked placing a photo of the young man in front of Hayley, she sucked in a deep breath and nodded her head.
- Tell me, tell me Hayley, Donnely begun, is there's something else that relates you to him or otehrwise, if you tell me it might really help us. Taylor glanced at Hayley worriedly as he feelt her tense up, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
- Yes there is, she mumbled, he didn't just all of a sudden started to follow me around and asking me to date him, she begun, Taylor suddenly squeezed her hand.
- Hayles, he told her softly, you don't have to-
- It's okay, she whispers without looking at him, we've slept together one's, it was a mistake, i was just a bit drunk and i guess he took advantage of that, she whispered without making eyecontact with anyone in the room, Taylor winces at the expression on her face, it hurts her to talk about it.
- Alright, Donnely notes something down, so you telling me that he took advantage of the situation, of you?
- No, Hayley says and shakes her head, not that way, he didn't force me, she winces and looks away, i just made a mistake and told him to forget about it, i was, i was ashamed but he wouldn't back off, she whispered as a single tear rolled down her cheek.
- I see, Donnely says and takes some more nothes before handing Hayley a tissue, i swear to you that this information would be strictly used for the investigation and will be kept confedential, he promissed.
- Thanks, Hayley whispers and wipes her tears away.
Taylor anxiously glanced at Hayley from time to time, the ride is quiet and he's affraid she migt be hurting inside but tries her best to hide it. He finally turns the engine off and looks at her, he reaches out for her hand as she reminds in her seat.
- Hey, he says softly, how you feel? he whispers and rubs his thumb over the palm of her hand, she's chewing into her lip and looks down, Taylor's getting worried.
- He promissed that it will be kept-
- I know, she cuts him off sudenly but her voice is soft, i know, that's not the problem, she trails off.
- Than, Hayley, it's okay, they will catch him now, they know his name and he was even seen around here so-
- Tay, i'm not worried for myself, she whispers, i'm worried that, about you, she whispers and looks up at him, her emerald eyes are full of tears, don't you understand that he might come at any time and-
- Hayles, i'll be find, you shouldn't even-
- No i will be worried and scared for you, she leans forward and huggs him tight, he knows about you and me and he can hurt you.
- As long as we are together nothing could go wrong, Taylor reassures her, now let's go home, he says not letting her argue any longer.
Taylor glances around the room and sighs softly, this attic room is still freaking him out , it feels dark and empty or it's just because Hayley's not there. He couldn't really ask her to go up stairs with him while all the family was in the room. He runs his hand through his hair and looks out of the window, the moon surrounded by greish coulds is full and brigh. Taking a last glance around the room Taylor walks up to his bed and pulls his tee-shirt over his head before climbing into bed, the freshness of the sheets seems to work like some kind of poison and he falls quickly asleep.
His eyes snaps open and his breathing is uneven as he hears the floor creak, his head turns slowly and his heart race incrases as he sees a dark figure imerging from the dark, he thinks fast and grabs into the lamp that is placed on the chair besides the bed.
- Taylor, you're up? He sighs in relief placing the lamp down and turns the lighs on, there stands Hayley, with her red hair pulled up into a bun and she's wearing his sweatshirt to bed.
- Hayles, you made me think for a second that you were, nevermind, he shakes his head and looks at her, this time as the shock passed he realizes how truly beautiful she is althoug he already knew that before.
- I'm sorry if i scared you, she begins and smiles softly, i wasn't sure if you were still okay with sleeping here, on your own, she adds and approaches his bed, for a moment Taylor feels his heart stop, is she tryin to seduce him or is she simply like that all the time or only with him?
- Well if you want me to leave i'll-
- No, stay, he says quietly and pushed the cover away making some room for her, without hesitating any second Hayley climbs in next to him. They lay in each others arms in complite silence and the dark doesn't affraid Taylor anymore. Holding Hayley in his arms now reassures him, he knows that she's out of danger and if that Jack wants to hurt her he has to try to kill him first.
- Taylor, Hayley mumbles quietly.
- Yeah? he asks and kisses her cheek without really thinking.
- I never though i'd really love again but you made me feel safe and loved, she whispered and slighly shifted so she was facing him, thank you for that, she whispered and rested her head againts his chest.
- It's very hard not to love you, Taylor smiled and hugged her, sleep now, he whispered and kissed her forehead.
- Not just yet, Hayley whispers and in a matter of a second Taylor feels her lips againts his and her warm hands against his stomach, he can't even try to pull away because she's making him loose his mind.
- I love you, Hayley murmurs in between kisses and tugs into his tee shirt trying to pull it off.
- Hayley! she hear her name being called and unwillingly pulls away.
- That was grandma, i think, Hayley whispers breathlessly.
- Maybe you need to go and check what's going on, Taylor says feeling slightly alarmed.
- Hayley! Hayley hears her grandmother call out again, foot steps can be heard in the hallway.
- Grand ma, i'm here, what's going on? Hayley demands as she climbs down the ladder with Taylor following close behind.
- Your mother, something happend at the hospital, her grandmother breathes out as she grabs into Hayley's shoulders and looks into her eyes.
- Oh God, Hayley feels her head spin but rushes down the stairs, momma, she whispers, her heart beats uncontrolably in her chest.
- Hayley, let's go, Mr. Williams says as he grabs his car keys, Hayley follows him out of the house, her mind blurry just like in a dream or more like a nightmare, she knows that something horrible happened.
- Hayley, wait! Taylor calles out but the car is already out of sigh, he runs his hands thourgh his hair and cusses.
- Taylor come back inside, it's raining, Hayley's granmother says as she walks into the front porch where Taylor is still standing, they will call.
- No, i can't, i have to go too, Taylor says and looks around in panic, i need to go after them.
- Taylor, take my car, one of Hayley's aunts hands him the keys, my goodness, i hope that she's okay, she whispers.
- Mom! Hayley rushes into the room, a nurse and a doctor are are standing by the bed, mom! she pushes the nurse aside and sees her mother in the bed, looking complitely fine but slightly tired.
- Hayley, honey, what's going on? Mrs. Williams asks as Hayley breaks down crying on the side of the bed, Hayley, baby, i'm alright.
- What do you mean, they called saying that you- Hayley looks at the doctor but he looks at her not understanding.
- Your mother is fine and we didn't call you Miss, the doctor says.
- Taylor, Hayley whispers and her heart starts to beat faster, she jumps to her feet, please don't leave my mother, it could be dangerous, she says but everyone looks at her confused.
- Hayley, don't worry, i will be back on my feet before you know it, Mrs. Williams smiles. Hayley rushes out of the room.
- Dad, Hayley says, please stay with mom, don't leave her, she orders him.
- Where are you going? he demands as she rushes down the hallway.
- Stay with mom! she calls out ones more and turns around the corner, now she knows that it was a trick to get her out of the house and Taylor might be in danger now. Hayley grabs her phone dealing Taylor's number but he doesn't replay, she tries over and over and it's always a busy tone. She rushed out of the hospital and to her fathers car, her hands are shaking as she's trying to turn on the engine. She gasps as a hand is clasped to her mouth.
- Long time no see Hayley, a voice whispers into her ear, the voice is so familiar its paralizing her with fear, i've missed you so bad.