you're comments keep me going :) thank you everyone :)
The sound of Hayley's voice echoed against the walls of her empty garage before cracking and the song abruptly stopping. Hiding her face in her hands she breathed in and out trying not to break down, running her hands through her red messy hair she felt that her throat was hurting more than ever. Two days had passted since Josh left her house, two days since the last spoke and two days since that last kiss. She blamed herself for pushing him away and she also blamed herself for being so vulnerable whenever he was this close, she always knew that she'd end up blaming herself. She was scared to call him or come to see him because she simply wouldn't know what to say besides the fact that she was affraid and that she needed time. She wanted to be over Zac but it kept huting her how he left that she was affraid that she would let him go that easily.
Slamming the door shut she walked back into the house and into the kitchen, filling the kettle with water she waited for it to heat. Sitting down at the counter she knew she won't be able to avoid her feelings for Josh and she won't be able to move on ether, she had to find a way out.
Chewing into her lip she grabbed her cellphone and composed Zac's number.
- Hello? his voice sounded joyful just like the outher voices on the background along with the sond of the engine, hello, who's this?
- Hey Zac, she tried her best not to make her voice sound miserable and weak everything she felt right now, there was a pause on the other line before she heard him walk and close a door.
- Hey Hayley, he said, how are you?
- I'm good and you? she hated how she sounded so official but she wanted to sound strong.
- Well we're about to come to an other destination on our touring list, Zac explained.
- Looks like you're having fun out there, she trailled off wanting to sound happy for him.
- Yeah, he paused, Hayley, i have to apologize, i really didn't want this to end like this but i wasn't happy about our band, i'm sorry if i let you down, i'm sorry, he repeated. Hayley closed her eyes for a moment trying to let his words sink in, on the back of her head she hoped that he would drop everything saying that he's been only fooling around and come back for her but the reality was different.
- It's okay, Hayley whispered, i guess it's better that way, Zac, i wanted to be happy for you and i am but it's huirting me so much, why didn't you just talk to me, why didn't you tell me that you weren't happy with me, why did you cheat on me?
- I didn't want to hurt you that's why i didn't tell you, i kissed that girl and realized that me and you were better off a friends, believe me Hayley i just didn't want to hurt you back than.
- But it hurt even worse when i found out about it from Josh, Hayley said and rubbed her forehead, she felt a limp in her throat but didn't want to cry not now anyways.
- I'm sorry Hayley, Zac whispred, i love you just not like before, i hope you'd understad that someday.
- I'm really going to try, she whispered and chewed hard into her lip.
- Hayley, you know there's Josh, he's there for you, he-
- I know what you're tryingt to tell me, Hayley cut him off.
- So could you two work out? Zac asked with hope in his voice, last time i talked to Josh he sounded pretty damn exited, Zac chuckled.
- Why did you encouraged him? Hayley demanded, d'you think it really helped me to forget you when your brother's kissing me?
- He kissed you? Zac asked trying not to give away the smile in his voice.
- Really Zac? Hayley cried out, she didn't know if she felt more hurt or like Zac was so cool about it, somehow it made her feel better, like weight has been lifted from her shoulders, she didn't felt so guilty when she remembered those feeling she had for Josh were getting stronger whenever he kissed her.
- Listen, Zac started, he loves you, he really loves you, i knew that ever since we met you but back than i loved you, now i think you should give him a chance, he's an amazing person and you're made for each other.
- You're talking about this so easily, Hayley trailled off and slightly smiled.
- Because i want you to be happy, Zac said quietly, i'm not going to stop any of you to be together, i'm not your boyfriend anymore, i'm not going to be jealous, he chuckled.
- Right, Hayley whispered and smiled, tears begun to roll down her face.
- Hayles, don't cry, Zac said, Hayley couldn't say anything, someone called out for Zac on the other line, Hayley, i gotta go, just remember what i told you, you both desrve each other, he deserves you much more than i do, alright bye, he chuckled. Hayley hung up and wiped her tears away.
She didn't know if it was right to come here just yet but she also started to get worried because she haven't see Josh for two days and he wasn't calling ether, she was scared that he might've left really hurt that last time they spoke. Talking to Zac did help her and she was slowly believing that they both had to move on and with Josh always there for her she didn't had to be desperate, she had someone to care for her she had to let him.
Taking a deep breath Hayley knocked on his front door and waited, there was nothing but silence on the other side, chewed hard into her lip Hayley knocked one's again to only receve nothing but silence in return. She walked around the house and looked up at the window of Josh's room, grabbing a small pebble from the ground she threw it into the window, the pebble hit the glass and fell down into the ground.
- Josh? Hayley called out, she sat down at his front porch and called him on the phone but it was busy. Burring her head into her hands she started to cry, she was scared now, scared that he was gone just like Zac and it was her own fault.
Looking up she realized that she's been sitting there for about two hours, it was past six and the skies were getting darker.
- Oh great, she muttered as the rain begun to pour down, she walked to the door and rubbed her arms for warmth as it was reaining more harder now. Sinking into the wooden floor Hayley pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged herself deciding that she had to stay here until the rain would stop. Her tee-shirt and skinny grey jeans weren't helping to keep her warm but she wasn't about to leave any time soon. Hayley felt her eyelids getting heavier before she closed her eyes and dropped her head on her knees, she was too tired and desperate that she fell asleep right under Josh door.
Turnin the engine off Josh walked out of his car and headed home, he felt better after spending some time with his family and he realized that he could wait until Hayley was ready to be with him and if she didn't want to he'd have to deal with is feelings for her, maybe if she'd move on and start to date an other guy it wouldn't hurt that much, maybe he could move on as well. Josh walked up the front porch before stopping in his tracks, he couldn't believe that Hayley was sitting there asleep, it was past eight, what was she even doing here. He rushed up to her and shook her lightly, her arms were cold.
- Hey, Hayley, Hayles? he pushed her bangs off her face, her eyes slowly opened and she stared at him.
- Josh! she embraced him in a tight hug, you're here, she whispered into her chest.
- Of course i- gosh, Hayley what were you doing here? he demanded and looked at her face, smiling weakly and looked at his face, that warm feeling in his eyes made her feel all dizzy inside, she realized how much she missed him even if it was only two days.
- I thought you left me because i hurt you, she whispered and laughed weakly, i'm so stupid, she sighed.
- Why would i leave you? Josh demanded, silly, he shook his head and picked her up from the floor.
- Josh, i can walk you know, she giggled but he didn't listen. Pushing the door open Josh closed it with his foot and caried Hayley to the couch.
- Don't go anywhere, Josh said as he placed a cover around her shoulders, giggling Hayley watched him rush into the kitchen. Chewing into her lip she top toed into the kitchen and watched him prepare some tea for her. Taking a deep breath she walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.
- What are you doing? he asked nervously but couldn't help but to smile, he placed his hands over hers, you're freezing, he chuckled and unwrapped her arms from around his waist.
- I'm sorry, Hayley whispered and burried her face into his chest, she felt so right and warm, she felt at home when he had his arms around her, now she understood how much he cared, she remembered the pain in his eyes whenever she'd push him away and the worry just as he discovered her sleeping on his front porch.
- C'mon, you need to drink something warm, he said and pulled away, with a soft sigh Hayley followed him back into the living room and sat on the couch comfortably wrapped in the blanket he gave her.
- Where have you been? Hayley asked with a hint of dissapointment in her voice.
- I just went to see my parents, they rented that cabin by the lake for the whole summer, it's really nice outthere.
- Why didn't you just tell me? Hayley asked and looked up at him while her fingers still curled around the mug of hot tea.
- Because i- i thought you didn't care, i thought you needed space and, i 'm sorry, i should've tell you.
- Yeah, you should've, you made me friggin paranoid, she chuckled and took an other sip of her tea, glancing back at Josh she realized how much she wanted to kiss him now, she had to let him know that she wanted to be with him, that she wanted him to make her happy. Placing the mug down on the floor Hayley leaned closer to him which caused him to blush but he was unable to move, letting out a shaky breath she wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. Grinning as she felt that he understood what she meant by that kiss, his arms instantly pulled her into his lap and he kissed back urgently.
- That was, Hayley breathed out, i'd never forget this kiss, she murmured against his lips.
- Did that meant that you, you're ready? Josh whispered allowing his lips to brush against hers one's more.
- I guess, she whispered and looked into his deep brown eyes, yes Josh.
- And what made you change your mind? he asked hesitantly placing his hands son her hips which caused Hayley to blush.
- I talked to Zac on the phone, she admitted, it's crazy, he's been repeating the same things as you told me, she chuckled
- I see, Josh whispered and kissed her forehead, you know you could eventually stay here for the night cause it's late and-
- Stop fiding excuses, you just want me to stay, she giggled and burried her face into his chest.
- If only you want to stay, he whispered into her hair.
- Of course i do, she sighed and closed her eyes. She didn love him, she knew it now and she felt that there was a bright light in the end after all there was no end only the begining.