Each new year brings the feeling of a fresh start and a clean slate to start over. For many, this means setting big goals - and then forgetting all about them by the middle of February. Here are some tips on how to keep up with your new year's resolutions for the whole year!
1. Make resolutions you really want. Take some time to sit down and really think about the changes you want to make in your life. Don't just say you want to lose weight because that's your best friend's resolution as well. Make sure your resolutions are things you really want to change in your life, and they will be much easier to accomplish!
2. Keep it simple and realistic. Make resolutions that you can actually see yourself achieving. For example, instead of making the resolution that you want to be a millionare this year, set the smaller goal of getting a higher paying job. By setting smaller goals and resolutions, you will be able to see a lot more progress and will be well on your way to achieving your bigger goals!
3. Make a dream board! Dream boards are pretty much the coolest things in the world. Cut pictures out of magazines and make a huge collage of what you want this year. Put it up in your room so you can see it every day when you wake up. Seeing what you want visually will push you even harder to achieve your goals!
4. Repetition, repetition, repetition. This is one of the hardest parts of new year's resolutions. If you really want something you can't be lazy about it. If you want to lose weight, you have to make daily sacrifices of not eating that extra cookie. Or if you're trying to find a job, you might have to put in applications for jobs daily until you finally score one. Don't get discouraged, all your hard work will eventually pay off, which brings me to my last tip...
5. Remember change takes time! Rome wasn't built in a day! Real change takes time, even though the wait totally sucks! No matter what your resolution is, chances are you won't see change right away. Take your time, and remember that all your hard work and dedication will pay off! And then when you do reach your goal, you will feel like a total rockstar!
Cheers to 2013, and good luck with your resolutions!