The “BLACKDIAMONDSKYE Videographer” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia (excluding its territories and possessions) and Canada. Void where prohibited. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada.
1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, and are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of Buzznet, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Velvet Hammer ("Prize Provider") and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter. The Contest will begin on July 7, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. PT and will end on July 29, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, go to www.buzznet.com/groups/blackdiamondskye2010 and upload a photograph or video to the contest group. Tour City and Tour Date must be mentioned contest post.
Only one entry per person. If multiple entries are received by the same entrant, only the first entry submitted by that entrant will qualify for entry into the Contest; subsequent entries submitted by that entrant shall be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Submission Materials.
(a) For purposes of these Official Rules, all Photos shall be referred to herein as the “Submission Materials”. Immediately upon entering the Contest, Submission Materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Submission Materials shall not include any viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, malware, or other computer programming routines that may damage or detrimentally interfere with any computer or other device.
(b)(i) Entrant represents and warrants that: (A) all contents of Submission Materials are wholly original, have been created entirely by entrant, have not been taken in whole or in part from any source other than entrant and do not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party; (B) you own and/or control 100% of all right, title and interest in and to the Submission Materials, as well as all elements contained therein; (C) the Submission Materials do not and shall not violate any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party; (D) the Submission Materials, or any part thereof, have not been commercially released; and (E) you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every participant in the Submission Material to participate in the Submission Materials as contemplated by these Official Rules; and
(ii) you agree that the Submission Materials shall be a "work made for hire," with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, being the property of Sponsor. In the event the Submission Materials are considered not to be a "work made for hire," you irrevocably assign to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in your entry (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade.
(c) The Submission Materials may not contain references which are obscene, crude, vulgar or defamatory; contain gang identification, references to commercial products, license plate numbers, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; contain references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct; or contain any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(d) By providing Submission Materials in connection with this Contest, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your Submission Materials, your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information, entry form information and written and oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Submission Materials, Sponsor and its products and services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of the Submission Materials, your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, or biographical information. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor and its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Contest, including the entrant who is selected as the Winner and those entrants who are not selected as the Winner. Sponsor is under no obligation to use the Submission Materials for any purpose. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age and that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
(e) By entering this Contest, ENTRANT representS and warrantS that each person participating in the SUBMISSION MATERIALS (I) expressly agrees to all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules; (II) PROVIDES HIS/HER EXPRESS PERMISSION TO APPEAR IN THE SUBMISSION MATERIALS; and (ii) is aware of and consents to the display of the Submission Materials on YOUTUBE AND as described herein.
4. Winner Selection
Valid entries received during the Contest Period will be judged on a rolling basis by the Sponsor, Alice in Chains and Velvet Hammer, on the basis of the following criteria: creativity and effort, (50%), enthusiasm (30%) and buzz (20%). Winners shall be the entries which receives the highest overall score. There shall be one Winner for each Tour City. In the event of a tie between any of the Semi-Finalists entries, the entry which receives the higher score on originality will be deemed as having the higher over-all score.
Winner will be notified 48 hours after closure of contest. Winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponser employee within 24 hours. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding in all regards.
Sixteen (16) Grand Prize Winners will receive:
- A Limited BLACKDIAMONDSKYE Branded Edition Samsung Q3 Camera.
- A pair of VIP tickets to show of choice with photo pass.
- A Limited Edition tour poster, signed by Alice In Chains, Deftones and Mastodon.
- Accreditation on an Official Video Piece, to be featured on Buzznet.com, BLACKDIAMONDSKYE.com plus the featured artist properties.
If a winner and/or guest is under the age of eighteen (18), then such individual must obtain written consent from parent or legal guardian. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to incidentals, meals, telephone charges, travel insurance, souvenirs, transportation, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.
Approximate combined retail value of all prizes is One Thoundsand Dollars ($1000.00). The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
Each winner and winner’s guest (and parent or legal guardian if either such individual is under 18 years old) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within twenty-four (24) hours of prize notification. If the winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner and winner’s travel companion regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner, and winner’s travel companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor and participating radio stations are not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
7. Additional Terms. In the case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Participating radio stations, Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winner Identification. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 15, 2010 to: Buzznet, Inc., 6464 Sunset Boulevard, #650, Hollywood, CA, Attention: “BLACKDIAMONDSKYE Videographer” Contest Winners’ List.
10. Sponsor: Buzznet, Inc., 6464 Sunset Boulevard, #650, Hollywood, CA
Prizer Provider: Velvet Hammer