You’re A Master Internet Lurker If…
To put it bluntly: There’s an art to Internet lurking. It goes beyond a simple Google search or typing a name into Facebook. A master Internet lurker knows how to find intel on those hard to find unicorns who don’t have social media accounts, or have them so secured, it’s impossible to find any trace of their existence. However, if you use a little ingenuity and know your Internet it’s possible to dig up something. Think you’re good at lurking? Check out these seven signs you should probably be working for the CIA.
1. You understand that just looking for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts is for amateurs.
2. It’s a no brainer to never look at their LinkedIn profile or Snapchat…there will be notification.
3. You always search for an online portfolio or website for photos and links that are buried in the world wide web.
4. You don’t just search their name, but their friend’s names. You then scour their profiles for photos, check ins, hangs etc. with your subject’s name tagged.
5. You figure out the kind of things they like and Google search their name, plus keywords that might turn something up.
6. No one ever thinks to lurk YouTube, but you do.
7. You can find virtually ANYONE in under 15 minutes.