10 Eye Popping Secrets You Didn’t Know About ‘Elf’
Tis the season to revisit your favorite holiday movie classics, and Elf has been a long standing staple since its release in 2003. However, even after more than a million watches, there’s a few things you probably don’t know about this Christmas comedy!
1. Jim Carrey was on the short list of actors to play Buddy The Elf.
2. Will Ferrell said no to a $29 million dollar paycheck for a sequel.
3. The jack-in-the-boxes make the same noise as the laughing hyenas at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.
4. The raccoon that attacks Buddy is actually making monkey sounds.
5. The “throne of lies” scene had to be shot in one take, because it was too massive to rebuild for another shot.
6. The Empire State Building elevators do not have that many buttons.
7. Will Ferrell was once a mall Santa.
8. Production designers relied heavily on the 1960’s Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer for set inspiration.
9. Director, Jon Favreau, took on multiple small parts in the movie.
10. Will Ferrell had to eat so much sugar while playing his character Buddy, he got sick.