10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Dakota Johnson
With the much anticipated movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey hitting theaters just in time for this Valentine’s Day, it seems only fitting to take a closer look at star Dakota Johnson.
With an acting debut at the age of ten years old, Dakota is definitely not the “new girl” in Hollywood, but thanks to her latest (and steamiest) role as Anastasia Steele she is indeed the new “it” girl.
So let’s get to know her, shall we?
Here are 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Dakota Johnson:
1) Dakota hails from a large family of Hollywood royalty. Her father is actor Don Johnson and her mother is actress Melanie Griffith.
2) Her debut film role was opposite mother Melanie Griffith in 1999’s Crazy in Alabama. Half-sister Stella Banderas also appeared in the film which was directed by Dakota’s step father Antonio Banderas.
3) Despite acting in the 2010 movie The Social Network (which is about the founding of the social media site Facebook), Dakota Johnson removed her own Facebook page and does not use the social media application or website at all.
4) Dakota was chosen for the role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey over such competition as Shailene Woodley, Elizabeth Olsen, Imogen Poots, Lucy Hale, Danielle Panabaker, and Felicity Jones.
5) While she landed a role in 2012’s big screen film adaptation of 21 Jump Street, her aunt Tracy Griffith was a guest star on the original 1987 hit television show.
6) Dakota may be getting ready to heat up theaters this weekend opposite the smoldering Jamie Dornan as Christan Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey, but she has most certainly had practice working with some of Hollywood’s hottest actors. She has worked alongside Johnny Depp, Benedict Cumberbatch, Justin Timberlake, Channing Tatum, Chris Pratt, Penn Badgley, and Ethan Hawke (to name a few).
7) She learned her lines for the film Fifty Shades of Grey in just five days.
8) Dakota’s zodiac sign is Libra.
9) She is very close friends with actress Riley Keough (granddaughter of Elvis Presley).
10) In May of 2010, Dakota was named one of Nylon Magazine’s 55 Faces of the Future.
Will you be watching Miss Dakota Johnson setting screens across the world ablaze with Jamie Dornan in Fifty Shades of Grey this weekend? I know I will be!