Buzznet Exclusive Valentine’s Day Interview With SoMo
I got to interview SoMo and ask him some juicy Valentine’s Day questions! Check out the video for his steamy new single “Ride”!
- I read that you wrote your new single “ride” about a specific lady friend. What did she think of the song? Does she know it’s about her?
She definitely knew it was about her when I wrote it.. At first the song wasn’t going to be about sex necessarily and being that it came from more of a loving place rather than a sexual place, she was very proud of me. Especially since it was one of the first songs that I’ve written.
- Do you have a Valentine? Any Valentine’s day plans?
My valentine is my fans. I have a date with them on Valentine’s Day for Power 106’s Valentine’s Crush show. I’m super excited!
- Any advice for the single ladies with aching hearts out there?
I do.. Keep your head up. Without knowing what it feels like to have a broken heart, you won’t ever know the joy of having a full one.
- What’s your favorite love song?
Love by Musiq Soulchild
- What artist inspires you the most?
It’s funny because I answered the last question with his song, but Musiq Soulchild has been a big influence.
- How would you define YOUR sound?
My sound is the SoMo sound. I have a blend of so many influences from many different genres, all the way from country to hardcore music to rap. When it comes down to it, I love sticking to my R&B roots and that’s where you’ll hear my focus, but I tend to cross over to the other genres as well.
- What else inspires and influences you outside of music?
Movies are a big influence because I like to explore different worlds and let my imagination flow with ideas I wouldn’t normally think of.
- What’s your favorite city to perform in?
I would have to say all of them! It’s an honor to be able to go to any city and perform for people that want to hear me sing.
- What’s next for SoMo? Where do you hope to see yourself in a year?
I’m excited to see how the world reacts to my debut album and I hope to see myself continuing to make music for the love of it. I know a lot is going to change in my life, but I never want to lose the magic the music brings.
What do you think of SoMo’s new single “Ride”?