8 Easy Ways To Be More Healthy
Now that we’re all SEVERELY TIRED OF WINTER and SO READY FOR SUMMER, it’s hard not to spend our days thinking about lounging in beach wear, soaking up that warm sunshine. *le sighhh* However, winter has a way of taking us captive… so does pizza and wings and donuts and all of the other delicious junk foods that just seem easier to eat in the winter. Plus – who wants to exercise outside in the freezing cold?! Not me. I’ve come up with 8 easy ways to be a little healthier. It’s a great way to kickstart those good warm weather habits. Little changes can make a huge difference. If you have any tips for being healthier, add them in the comments below!
1. When eating, finish your vegetables first, before moving on to your entree (meat, pasta, etc). The more fruits and vegetables you eat, the better. When you fill up on healthy, low calorie fruits and veggies, you won’t be quite as hungry for those higher calorie main dishes.
2. Switch out your white bread and white rice with whole grain! Healthy and just as delicious.
3. Cut bread intake by half. This is an easy one. I try to make most of my sandwiches open faced, with one slice of bread instead of two. It makes sandwiches kind of messy, but it reduces your carb intake!
4. Find a workout buddy. It’s always easier to stay motivated when you have someone to work out with. Try to be a good influence on each other!
5. If you don’t live in an area where it’s warm enough to make it pleasant to go outside and get active, try renting free work out videos On Demand. They range from just a few minutes to an hour. I am vowing to do one 8 minute workout video per day… who doesn’t have 8 minutes to spare?
6. Don’t beat yourself up. If you had a few slices of pizza and a giant piece of cake, it’s OKAY!! I think a big part of being HEALTHY is not always denying yourself the things you love. If you’re eating healthy MOST of the time, it’s okay to pig out once in a while! I feel so bad when I see girls enjoying a big dinner then they automatically say they have to run an extra couple miles to work it off. Enjoy your food and eat the unhealthy stuff in moderation.
7. Dance. Put on some good music and get your dance on. It’s great exercise and it’s fun! My mom does this all the time. Haha.
8. Find healthy foods that you love. I find that when it’s cold outside, I have the urge to pig out much more often! Why? I don’t know… but when I have healthy food in the house to snack on, it’s better than pigging out on cookies and potato chips. Some great things to try out are kale chips, chiapop (popcorn with salt, pepper and healthy chia seeds!) and fruit!
I’m doing my best to implement all of these things and keep up with them. Let me know what you think and if you have any tips to add! xo