Happy Birthday, Lights! 10 Facts About One Of Our Favorite All-Stars
All Star Month is dedicated to the best of the best. Many of us have been sharing the things we love, whether it be music, movies or fashion, these are the things that make us excited! I guess you could call it show and tell, Buzznet style!
One of our favorite all-stars, LIGHTS, is celebrating her 26th birthday today! Let’s check out some fun facts about the Canadian electro-pop goddess!
1. Born Valerie Anne Poxleitner on April 11, 1987 in Ontario, Canada.
2. Her parents were missionaries so she spent most of her childhood in many different parts of the world.
3. She moved to Toronto at the age of 18 during which time she legally changed her name to Lights.
4. Lights started her career being a writer for Sony/ATV Music Publishing and was among the songwriters who composed music for the television series Instant Star.
5. Her musical influences are Bjork, Phil Collins, ABBA, New Order, Depeche Mode and The Cure along with a few surprising genres such as black metal, hardcore punk and some dubstep.
6. She recently dyed her hair blonde.
7. She has said that her greatest songs came from being depressed and being able to turn a negative into a positive.
8. Most of her tattoos are inspired by video games.
9. Lights is married to Blessthefall lead singer Beau Bokan.
10. She is releasing her second acoustic album, Siberia Acoustic, on April 30th!
Don’t forget to wish LIGHTS a Happy Birthday on Twitter @lights!
Which fact surprised you the most?
Don’t miss a beat! Follow me on Twitter @TinaTweetsAlot